Why is it ok for a girl to be sad and upset that she's lonely and single but not for a guy to be?

I've noticed that whenever a guy mentions that he's upset and sad that he's single or has never had a relationship, he's told to man up and called bitter, creepy, loser, etc by men and women alike but whenever a girl mentions that she's sad because she's never had a boyfriend it's all because men are assholes. Why is it not ok to be sad that you've never been loved if you're a guy?

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Because all guys are game players, They meet the girl, give her a lot of attention, getting her all excited, making her think she's the one, telling her a bunch of bullshit, that they think she's beautiful, they love her, that she's his soul mate. Then they have sex, get what they want. Then all of a sudden they dont have time for her, make up lame excuses why they can't see her. Then as soon as they start flirting with another girl the same way, they dump her and move on to the next. Most guys dont know what love is. Guys need to stop playing the game to get more sympathy.

0|0
    0|1
    • See everyone, this is what I'm talking about. If a guy had gone on a sexist rant like this, they'd be massacred. But it's ok for her to do this.

What Girls Said 1

• It's completely fine for guys to be upset, but society came up with a bunch of gender roles and a lot guys just pick on each for being "less manly". Girls would comfort each other in most cases. I would tell you to ask some guys, but they might make fun of you for being too sensitive. Just be yourself!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• There's no politically correct way of saying this - Men are capable and expected to take responsibility for the outcome of their lives.

0|0
    0|1
  • Gender roles state you can't act like no pussy but it's perfectly normal to be sad because your sing you. have emotions your'e human

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya I wholeheartedly agree with you, what angers me the most about this is that since us guys are still expected to make the first move, approach the girl first and ask her out first, be the initiator, it makes pursuing girls feel like a damn annoying paradox of damned if you do, damned if you don't, they are always like, when you are comfortable and content, the women will come, i hate that because girls for the most part will literally never come to a guy first!

0|0
    0|0
    • What's unfair and cruel about it, is that its okay for a girl to need or want a boyfriend, a relationship for validation but not the other way around