Would you date a guy that's overly emotional/sensitive??

He writes like really deep poems, he's been hurt (love), ONCE cut himself...that type of person, would you and why your answer?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on what he would be other than sensitive, was he also funny, loyal, and generous? or besides beiong sensitive was he selfish, closed off, and rude? it's really only one trait but you have to look at his other traits to know if he's dateable or not.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, if you _want_ to be co-dependent.

Needy people slowly get to you. First, it's a 95 percent "labor or love"; in time it becomes a 95 percent drain. At that point -- or sooner if you're smart -- you'll leave.

Ted

• A person like that doesn't need someone, they need professional help first.

• Waste of time. If he isn't faking it, he'll be more trouble than he's worth.

• I'm a man, so I chose B cause I'm not gay.

What Girls Said 23

• I like my guy to be a man. I don't mind when there upset and I get that guys have emotions and I don't have any problems hearing them. But if there like that constantly it's like dating a girl

• I've dated a guy who was very very emotional, It comes with it's difficulties

Towards the end of the relationship I was not happy with the way things were going , so I told him I just wanted to be friends and he got angry and said he was going to commit suicide if I left him , so I stayed with him for a very long time because I felt like I couldn't go. 6 months later I said I wanted to leave and he pulled the "I'm going to kill myself" trick , and in the end I said "okay have fun" and walked out

He was very over sensitive about everything , so it's put me off dating a guy who is very very emotionally unstable

• I wouldn't. Who needs to deal with the drama? A strong, stable man is far more attractive to me than one whom I am constantly having too soothe during his random emotional crying jags or whatever. I mean poetry is great, but cutting? We've all been hurt before. I actually dated a guy once who cut himself with one of my kitchen knives one night when things weren't looking like they were going to work out. Needless to say, I never went out with him again.

• no, because I am a very social, outgoing person, and I need my boyfriend to be like that as well. I enjoy being happy and not dwelling on the bad... I would not be compatible with a guy like that.

• well on one hand he would understand me when I get that way [which isn't that often anymore fortunately] but on the other hand I'm tending to be sarcastic and smart alec lately and so I probably will accidentally offend him even though I don't mean to offend anyone. also it might prevent him from having much of a sense of humor, which is like more. so the negatives outway the positive of him understanding me more when I'm like that.

• no, I wouldn't...sometimes all the deep thought he thinks and happens to share with you might be too much, you know? I couldn't do it.

my boyfriend is kind of an alcoholic and when he's drunk, he ALWAYS calls me, telling me how much he loves me and I'm he's world and I saved him and he lives for me and he'd be lost without me and then he'll cry and then the next day when he's sober, he"ll be all deep and emotional about it again...it just becomes to much...who has all the effort to listen and retort to that.

but if you feel like you can handle alllll his emotions and talk to him about them all the time, and you really like him, go for it (:

• (this answer needs to be backed up with a story lol)

Alright, at a party about a month ago my friend randomly asked me to call a friend of hers. I thought "sure, why not". We started talking and he was super nice and had a cheesy sense of humour (it was cute). As the conversation dragged on I learned a lot (more than I anticipated) about him. We checked out his Facebook, he checked out a picture of me on my friend's Facebook (I don't have Facebook). Anyway, looking through his profile... what we find is completely shocking/horrifying lol, there in front of me were dark poems/songs he wrote (he's in a band) about things like death, depression, love (in a negative way lol), etc.

We still talk once in a while over IM, but he's so fragile, like I couldn't imagine myself dating him because I'd be afraid of literally breaking his heart or pushing him over the edge. With that said, my answer is no. lol sorry about the long story, I thought I should share it with you just so you understand why. But if you have real feelings for him, I would say go for it, don't worry about what others think or say.

• if I really liked him, id give it a try, because id never want someone to be emotional, and hurt themselves since their alone. I'd at least try to be there for him and try to help him, if I don't think a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is going to work.

• It depends on how much you like the person, and how you are really. If you're saying that he's too emotional for you, then don't handle it. It CAN be bothersom, it's just depends on the first two things I mentioned.

• Frankly, you anwsered the question yourself. If he is "overly" emotional , , then hasn't it crossed your mind that its over your limit .. if its gonna bother you .. it always will.. just think about all the hurt you would be puting yourself through.

• I'm asking person's opinion..so basically I didn't answer anything

• If he is overly emotional..

• If someone was suppose to be like that....doesn't have to be personal

• worst type of guy to date. I dated this quief and he cried like 4 times as much as I did and I used to be super hormonal like off the charts. but that's just me and I like guys that protect me and they care but aren't quief-ish.

• Overly emotional and sensitive, yes. Depressed and hurting themselves, no. They need professional help above anything else.

• No, that is so irritating to me. I'd say "harden up, cry baby" and leave.

• Same here lol..."Grow some balls & be a man, or you can leave". I hate emotional guys and I'm not the type to show that much emotion myself so for a guy to be like that...uhh no it ain't happening lol

• Absolutely, I love the emotional ones! Just be careful it you're gonna dump him later, so you don't hurt him...

• you tell him this

link

Warning him might your insane and probably will never to you again

• personally for me just seems like too much hard work, having come from a long and difficult relationship. Now I think I finally know what I want. Someone chilled and down to earth. You need someone that brings out the best in you.

• haha, I like how guys voted

• not my type maybe a mantel hopstal might like him

• hell naw

• i would because I've gone through the same kind of things and I like comforting people and haing them know that somebody cares for them

• That's not hot at all... men who are overly emotional/sensitive. Just not hot.

• no way! too much emotional baggage. I've got enough problems without havng to tread on eggshells with someone I'm dating and supposed to be having fun with.

• not my type...

so over obsession to cut himself, he doesn't seem to be safe for me, he is not for himself.

but if I fall in love with him, I would date him no matter the thing he is being criticized aobut