Emotional abuse?

If you're stuck in emotionally abusive relationship and the abuser knows you're feeling degraded, how do you turn things around? The whole point is for them to know you're feeling bad about yourself, and then they win. How to "win" so to speak?

0|0
9|6

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• When someone abuses me emotionally, you want walk away and
    leave no one deserves abuse from someone, i know it's easier said
    than done..

0|0
    0|0
  • By not playing the game, and don't think so deep to understand it, that way if you don't understand it, it will not hurt you. Don't try to hurt others, try to make yourself feel better instead, how you do that depends on you, some people go for a wanking session, other go shopping... etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Do not try to change the relationship. LEAVE.

0|0
    0|0
  • you just walk away, plain and simple

0|0
    0|0
    • The whole point is for that person to make you feel like you are less important. "leaving" is difficult because you are the low-life worthless one. He won't let the victim dump him so to speak because the victim is not able to dump the abuser, the superior one. Does this make sense? Thoughts?

• Pure Mind control. She needs to find a safe haven for herself or some intervention. I had a buddy like that. I stopped being his friend, he tried to do that reverse psychology to me. He ended up with a busted lip and a dislocated jaw.

• inbox me if you can.

• **************** Get out.

0|0
    0|0
  • First impression? Child abuse.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• You can't change an emotionally abusive person. If someone is being abusive, the best thing to do is just to leave and get out of that situation all together. You can't "win" against a person like that if you stay in the relationship with them.

1|0
    0|0
    • The whole point is for that person to make you feel like you are less important. "leaving" is difficult because you are the low-life worthless one. He won't let the victim dump him so to speak because the victim is not able to dump the abuser, the superior one. Does this make sense? Thoughts?

• It's difficult to leave abusive relationships, yes, but it's still possible. The victim will never "win" by staying.

• There isn't a way to win in an abusive relationship, it's not like a game or a contest. If you want to see it as winning, then you win by getting out of it as fast as you can before it escalates any further.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't... You can't turn it around, you can't "win", at least not in the way I think you want to win. The only way you can truly "win" is by walking away, cutting them out of your life. It's impossible to make an abusive people feel the way you feel about their abuse. They most likely have no feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just leave. Leave mid conversation. Leave the relationship. Make that person feel worhtless and just leave. That kind of people are hard to "win" over with words.

0|0
    0|0
  • Leaving is the best thing you would be doing for yourself and everyone. He doesn't deserve you

0|0
    0|0
  • By leaving them ang getting a better life

0|0
    0|0
  • You dump him and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your win is getting away from people like this and being strong to be away from them.

0|0
    0|0