Why are some guys subtle aresholes?

My ex-bf was a subtle arsehole. Most of the time, it tok me by surprise and I didn't say anything back or I would try to make a joke out of it, but he would never laugh.

Some examples:
1) I went over to his place in the evening after taking the work day off cause I wasn't feeling well. We were cuddling on the couch and he was just flicking TV shows, and i rested my head on his shoulder and started to fall asleep. He actually turned to me and scoffed, "are you falling asleep?" and was seriously offended! I made a joke out of it saying, Isn't it ironic I came over here to sleep on you, not sleep with you? The world doesn't revolve around him. He seriously forgot that I was sick...
2) We were on his couch kissing, and he moved his head and I didn't notice cause I had my eyes closed. So I ended up lightly kissing his nose. He frowned and asked me, Why did you do that? I laughed it off and said cause my eyes were closed. He frowned again and repeated his question.

What is wrong with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• That doesn't sound subtle. I think your boyfriend is an obvious arsehole rather than a subtle one.

By the way I'm glad to see you wrote arsehole and not asshole.

What Guys Said 4

• In your first example you assumed his comment about falling asleep was because he expected sex from you. Guys don't like their responses typecast any more than women do. He might have been pissed because he was enjoying watching TV with you.

• I guess I should have provided context. I assumed his comment about falling asleep was rather self-centred, as I was still feeling sick and was tired. He assumed I was bored with him when really I was just enjoying the cuddling and was tired. We weren't watching anything, he was just flicking the channels and we weren't even having a conversation.

• You still haven't explained the 'ironic' (sarcastic) comment about not sleeping with him. Had a woman been that presumptuous with me, she'd have been resting her head on the curb.

• That's like asking why some women are passive aggressive bitches ?

They just are hahaha : )

• Your ex was a dick because he wasn't right for you and he didn't care about you. That's the problem with most guys except the less attractive one who usually have a kinder heart, and can take a joke.

• I think your assessment was right on the money

What Girls Said 1

• Not guys, people in general are subtle assholes.