I'm completely defeated, I don't know what to do anymore, I'm out of ideas, I need to accept the fact that i'm just not what girls want?

I'm... just... broken, I thought it would be different, that people would actually want to get to know me for who I was after highschool instead of petty, arbitrary, popularity contests and just associating with people who are the most attractive, but ever since i've gotten my job, i'm a busser at a restaurant, i've realized that it's highschool all over again, constantly being judged simply by looks, and females only interested in talking to attractive guys, i get it, it's work, I shouldn't be trying to date a coworker or whatever, but it's a glimpse of the real world, and it sucks, and I know you're going to say that i'm "only 18" but youd be suprised how quickly that turns into 21,22,23,24... etc, what do I do to attract girls? I feel like there's nothing I can do, I just wasn't lucky enough to be born to fit the list of quaities that make an attractive guy. Now, there are plenty of people worse off than me, and I feel terrible for even feeling this way, but it does get overwhelming, and i don't blame the girls who aren't attracted to me for this, it's just my fault. What do I do? and confidence isn't an issue 90% of the time, as I don't always go around moping, but sometimes it just gets to me, please help if you can or whatever... thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Work on your personality, make sure you're an awesome guy, be unique. Because personality quite often trumps looks.

• that would imply someone wants to take the time to get to know me. But i'll keep it in mind

What Girls Said 2

• This is probably going to sound cliché, but just be yourself. There's nothing extra that you need to do. You're still young. You have plenty of time for girls. Try picking up new hobbies to keep busy.

• Attractive women are usually attracted to attractive men, looking for somebody in the same league. It's because being a 'hot couple' is now desirable.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't know what else to add to what has already been seen, so I'll just say hang in there buddy. I'm not good looking either but well I'm happy for what little I have... and when I say little I mean next to nothing. But still... have a nice day.

• Have some self esteem and show some confidence. Girls like confidence