Guys, Do men nest?

I have been dating my boyfriend for only 6 months. Recently all he talks about is fixing up his home and has even made some improvements. He has been buying pots, pans which i use way more then he does, new dishes and silverware which he didn't need, and new more expensive softer sheets. This is stuff he never talked about or cared about before. Maybe im reading into things, but do men nest to get ready for a more commited relationship or could he just be bored with what he has and wants to upgrade? I would thing he was just bored had he complained about this things and said he wanted new ones but thats not the case.

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys best sure. I definitely have to have my environment/apartment just right because it makes it feel a little bit more like home to me even though I am not in a relationship yet. I love using my cooking supplies, but it sounds like he may be doing some of the stuff to potentially get ready for a relationship yeah

• He has had his apartment for like 3 years and had nice things already that didn't need replacing. Im talking hundreds of dollars spent on stuff he dont use unless im around. But yes i agree people do like to have nice things and maybe he just wants to upgrade. thanks for your imput. :)

• Sure no problem! Well then yeah he could be getting his place ready for a more serious relationship :)

What Guys Said 5

• It might indicate he's not planning on moving soon. But I wouldn't read too much into it. I doubt most guys make those connections in their brains.

• could just mean that he is maturing and ready to become an adult and settle down where he is

• We have no nest and lay no eggs.

• No, dudes don't nest.

• Thats what i told my friend, but she swears they do when they find the right girl. I think its nuts lol thank you!

• I don't really nest but I don't live in the shit, my environment has to be comfortable for me.