Is online dating worth it?

Alright guys, let me give you a quick rundown. I am twenty and have never dated in hs, so I decided to try online dating. The first date I went on, I liked him, but for a month he was cool, then ended up being a complete scumbag. Tried a new site, and still no "luck". Met up with three guys, no spark at all. Talked to a cute one yesterday, he said he was into pursuing a serious relationship and even insisted that we meet up, then went MIA. Like is it even worth it? I get a lot of messages. But every guy is a complete... disappointment? Help

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on different individuals.
    I've met 10 women ONLY so far using online dating.
    Older, matured, same-aged, younger.
    Some women are bitchy, some are acting like golddiggers,
    and some are compatible with your personality but you' aren't that sexually attracted to her physically.

At the end, you gonna keep finding a guy who shows patience, listening to what you say, most importantly doesn't push things too fast, and let you decide where you want to go, emotionally.

What Guys Said 5

• online dating is all a numbers game. it does work for people, you just have to keep trying. if you think it might work for you then you can always try both, online and your local area.

• It is a great way to meet a specific kind of person. Once you start to work, and have less time, it becomes a more time effective way to meet people. Just look out for all the married people that say they are single (male and female)

• Online dating might be great or it might be shit. I met my girlfriend on something else entirely, but it was something that we are both into and we mesh very well.

• Its as not worth it for men as it is worth it for women. Unless a guy has top notch looks , money, he really doesn't stand a chance. As for women, women can be average looking even below average looking and still get a ton of prospects.

• Its not worth it. This is the problem with online dating, you dont have a proper first impression of the other, its all "fake"

• you can have a Skype aka video call before you both meet up, so it' gives you sense of guarantee that this girl/guy worth hanging out on a date.

• Well I've met a few girls online and it never worked out. If anything it led to sex but not much more. If your looking for sex then good, but dont count on getting in a relationship from an online source. The old fashioned way is more secure ie. friends of friends, co workers (careful though)

What Girls Said 6

• I find that the dating sites where you pay for members seem to take dating more seriously.

The free sites... members usually go M. I. A pretty fast.

• The first guy was actually on a paid site. The other three were on a free site.

• Seems like you got through more with the 1st one (Meaning he didn't disappear, you both just weren't compatible). I would stick to online paid sites.

• Never take online dating too serious i think..
    Most of the time it's for hook up not for relationship i guess..
    Even i know some stories that some couple, that they are know each other from online dating and became a real couple..
    but base on my experience it's almost impossible..

• You're 20 so I'm assuming you're still in school right? Take advantage of that. So much easier and better meeting someone through a class or club.

• Online dating doesn't always work. I admire your persistence though and I am sure you will find someone for you. Your only 20 so don't get into a relationship too hastily. Live life while your still single. Have fun with your friends.

• Online dating CAN work but don't put all your eggs in one basket

• I hate to say it, but it depends. I think if you go on maybe not trying to be too serious about it, you'd be pleasantly surprised. If you are too intense about it, you might end up disappointed.