Guys, is it okay to be this forward?

Hey I have started back up with this guy from last year. We didn't have any issues last year, we just kinda disappeared from each others lives. So 2 months ago he messaged me because of a fb post i had and said that he was really sorry and that he thinks I deserved to be treated better. we have been talking nonstop sense then...2 days ago I saw him for the first time. I thought it went great. I had a great time. I texted him the next day saying thank you for everything and he saw it but didn't say anything. I am assuming he was working (he works LONGGG work days, so sometimes he's a little shitty at texting back... I don't take it tough or anything) Is it to contact him about getting together sometime late this week? I am normally very distant, so this makes me nervous (Im a shy girl in dating scenarios!). Also, how much interest should I show with a guy? I always feel like I am very distant and it doesn't help in the dating scenero! Please all the help I can get! Thanks! Sam

5

Most Helpful Guy

• Everything you're doing so far sounds good... don't over think it or that's when you'll start trying too hard and might create weird vibes. So basically, you just want to find the right balance between giving him space but also letting him know you're thinking about him, which should help encourage him to reach out to you as well. Good luck :)

• Thank you!

That is so very helpful! I have this deadly all consuming fear of him ignoring my texts and cursing my name or something... haha, sillyness.

• they have shunned me and I am ban from the popular table. hahahaha.

Let me see what I can do

• Heyy... so how did things turn out?

What Guys Said 4

• first thing first, GUYS LOVE GIRLS WHO ARE STRAIGHT WITH THEM... So, if you want to hangout with him, just ask him and if he meant, "you deserve to be treated better" thing, he'll surely say yes... Being distant has its own charm, it shows that you want to open up about your feelings but still have apprehensions... so it's fine but don't overdo it... dating is all about knowing the other person... so let dating serve its purpose!!!

• Give it a few days. If you know he got your text, the ball's in his court.

• To me it would be very forward. If he is interested in that, he will contact you.

• I kinda feel that way but then from past relationship history, if I do the whole "waiting around thing" I get annoyed and I think they assume I'm not interested and then its a downward spiral.

So I'm feeling i have to change that. I think its a generational thing... but I am not sure.

• Got it! I see what your saying, sounds good!!!

I am excited to change the distant side of me!

• I'm glad I could help!

• If you are interested dont shy away from it, he might take it as you not being as interested as you are. next time he is off of work call him and ask to hang out again