What do you consider commitment?

A guy and I have seen each other exclusively for a year, but it was never an agreement we made. Would you consider him committed or does it need to be a verbal agreement?

Most Helpful Guy

• For me talking about how committed we are to our relationship is important to me. My girlfriend and i just had this discussion over the weekend. I like things to be clear and defined

• How did the discussion go?

• That sounds like a firm commitment to me

• Well that just made my day lol I'm glad I asked this question (I really only did it cause another gag question got me thinking)
      Thanks! :)

What Guys Said 2

• Commitment is something you simply do no walk away from. If there's a chance either of the parties can end the relationship on the grounds "it doesn't work anymore" it's not a commitment.

• But is there a relationship you can't walk away from?

• Ok but given that we are both in are early 20's I doubt either of us actually know what it was like to live when our grandparents did...

• Yeah, I also realized that our societies (assuming you're from a western society) did not go through same generational paths at the same time back then. I probably was talking about how Western society was like in at last late 50's where individualism hit Turkish society in 90's and it's still in developement. Anyway, this was not the answer your question needed, the subject got drifted away. My short answer to your original question, no.

• You are not sure after a year? I would say after a couple of dates, that would be assumed.

• Yea well when we started out we went through an early rough patch and I told him that I would rather him be honest and tell me what he wants and needs out of life... After that we just kinda kept it as like an updat of "I'm still happy and want to be here and am not seeing anybody else"... At this point I think it is assumed, but you know what they saying about ASSuming ;)

• I understand, but from my experience I can't see any reason in the world why or how it would ruin or compromise anything. I do wish you the best of luck though!

• Not going to lie you are more than likely completely right, but he is my happy place and I'm a girl and we get scared ;)

What Girls Said 2

• it's always more clear if there's something verbal...
    but if you both are only with each other, you might not need to do that...

• I'd need a verbal agreement.