He likes me but isn't looking for a relationship?

I've posted a question about this previously and he finally (in his own time) came around and told me he liked me last night but wasn't interested in being in a relationship right now. He's an older guy from work and is divorced. We've been hanging out in the same circle for almost a year now and we've taken things really slow but last night he was very open about being attracted to me. The thing is, I haven't really been wanting a relationship either (I don't believe myself to be in a position to be in a serious relationship at this point in my life) but for some reason I can't get what he said out of my head. Is he only interested physically or is there room for more later on when we're both ready? He's a really good friend and he's important to me so I don't want to jeopardize it if it's not something we can come back from. Should I keep us at only friends or is it okay to move into a more physical relationship? I'm 22 and he's 29. I'd really be okay with just hanging out and not putting a label on anything but I've never done that before. Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would go for what he wants. Nothing serious. And If you believe sex is something serious then leave it out. You guys can still be friends if it doesn't work out. Or you see what he's really after. Just try not to get hurt.

What Guys Said 2

• obviously maybe he just wants 2 b friends wid u atm... no?

• Well, I know that but he told me last night he wanted to be more than just friends just didn't want something serious. I just wanted to get an outside opinion on it and see whether or not it's something I could consider or if I should say no and stay just friends.

• start as friends better

• If he is not interested in a relationship, there is only one other thing. Do you really want to be used that way?

What Girls Said 1

• Well, I personally would not be with a man who wasn't looking for a relationship or looking toward that possibility. I don't want cheap meaningless sex.