Boyfriend in love with his bestfriend?

My boyfriend says him and his bestfriend have nothing going on and he doesn't have feelings for her but they text 24/7 he tells her everything. Even things he has never told me about and he is always complaining to her about our relationship even though he claims its just asking for "advice". They text "i love you" and they have pet names for each other, he calls her baby, boo, etc. He's always telling her he misses her and that she's the best thing that's ever happened to him. They also have sleepovers a lot.. In the same bed. I found all of this out because he left the messages open on his phone and i saw the texts.

He says he loves me and but can't stop talking to his friend. Do I just leave him?

Also when they have sleepovers they sleep in the same bed and texts hearts and kissy faces all the time along with "love you boo". He uses the same pet names for me on her

Most Helpful Girl

• If anyone starts to make you feel like you're not good enough or uncomfortable take a minute (couple of days) to yourself, I would definitely not like this if i was in your situation, pet names are a little too much, on the outside perspective sounds like their dating even though they're not. It's ridiculous and If roles reversed I bet he would have a problem with it.

What Guys Said 3

• this "baby" thing could b a problem... otherwise, maybe he's viewin her, as another friend :)

• Also when they have sleepovers they sleep in the same bed and texts hearts and kissy faces all the time along with "love you boo". He uses the same pet names for me on her

• Leave him or have him stop the bs with her. I honestly would assume he's cheating.

• Only if you're shallow enough to do that

• how would that make me shallow? please explain I want to look at this from all sides

• Guys can have girl best friends, it's def. possible

• And yes, it's a shallow reason to dump him

What Girls Said 8

• Leave him. He's in love with her and I think she's in love with him as well. The only thing holding them back is the fact that they don't want to jeopardize their friendship.

• Yep. My best friend is a guy and although we have not been talking much lately, we are very close, but we don't do that stuff at all. Dump his ass and move on.

• God I would leave that asshole right now, you dont deserve someone who doesn't respect you. Sleeping in the same bed is too much!

• Bad sign... really bad sign. I would dump him before there is heartache. Because sooner or later, he will cheat. I have had it done to me. Trust me.

• Thats a little too close ! You should tell him how you feel I wouldn't be comfrontable with that

• i did he just kept repeating how there was nothing going on between them and apologizing after a while. He didn't want to make any changes. He wants to keep me and his intimate relationship with her. Only a day later after not talking did he offer to not sleep in the same bed as her anymore but showed no want to change the rest. He tries so hard for making my accusations look absurd

• I really think his behavior is really weird ask him how he would feel if you had a guy friend that close.

• I'm sure he doesn't. I know a couple of people just like them and they're just really good friends. I know what you're feeling though. Almost all guys tend to have best girl friends, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• You're a bit young to be giving advice on this I think.

• I don't think so. Thank you very much.

• actually with all do respect you are. Friendships in highschool vs in adulthood are very different

• If he does care about you, when you tell him it is making you a bit uncomfortable what he is doing with this lady, hopefully he will reign it in a bit.

Personally, that's a bit too close with a another woman for me. I would gently bring it up, but firmly express how uncomfortable the pet names and love you's etc.

• To me that sounds like an intimate relationship that he has going on with his best friend. Maybe he doesn't even realize that he likes her in that way. And it kinda sounds like she is the girlfriend and you are the best friend.