Guys, Is child-like a good thing?

So I've had exbfs comment to me before that im silly like a little kid, mind you I've had a crazy fucking life & sometimes I want to be like "ive seen it all, done it all but i dont like any experience to define me, i choose to be happy & live a simple life if you want some tragic bad bitch barbie wannabe GTFO then mf" but i dont want to tell them my past because i dont have anything to prove really.. i guess it just irks my pride... its funny all the things I've worked hard to get away from are the things i sometimes feel almost compelled to say or brag about when they start telling me im naive n so innocent... its like haha if you only knew.. but what would that prove that i was some fuckedup kid in the past... thats all :( i mean sorry i like weird stuff like sitting around playing video games, watching movies & cartoons, if i go out i prefer pubs to clubs.. i love to laugh.. i try to just all in all stay out of trouble... maybe im taking this whole thing wrong? I dont baby talk or anything, im not the type that needs to be rescued or be the center of attention, im not quirky like zoey deschanel, some fucking gamer girl twat, one of the boys, not a hipster, dont read comic books, I don't know how i would explain myself other than i march by the beat of my own drum.. so why do they call me childish o constantly get this "omgg you're like the girl next door" when really its like... dude have you met me? Anyways maybe im overthinking..

4

Most Helpful Guy

• In all honesty you seem pretty awesome to me. So what, if you're a bit of a homebody and don't like the club scene there is nothing wrong with that. I don't see it as child like behavior. You might be slightly over thinking it haha. Whatever you're doin is just fine, you do your thing haha. And as far as the child like thing goes I don't think guys go looking for that specific quality but you could infer that it has something to do with a guys innate need to be the provider/protector and thus manifests itself in a way that compels them to see you as na├»ve or child like when in fact you're really not. I believe that for you to establish real lasting relationship you need to tell whoever it is you're with at the time your story and yes this may shatter their pre-existing notion of who you are but it also opens up the possibility of them accepting you for who you are. I don't know i might have over thought you're question but I really hope that this helped you in some way.

• Thank you I was definitely over thinking & appreciate the insight & advice

What Guys Said 3

• Hmm, so far so good, as for you personality, I think your my type. ;)

• Depending on the guy some guys find it cute others think it's annoying personally if you make my life fun and lighten my mood I am fine with you

• fo me, it would depend on the situation.