When is it ok to hookup if you want more than just a hookup?

I'm not really sure if I still want a relationship or not. Never been in one even though I'm 24. I usually hook up with guys I like too fast and then loose interest in them or just end up in a friends with benefits situation. How long/when is it right to hookup with a guy without it turning into just a friend with benefits? I really don't get it. I mean if I'm attracted to a guy why would waiting help? So confused!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're a guy? Never! If you're a girl? It's cool just do whatever you want.

• That doesn't make sense, I'm not into girls!

What Guys Said 2

• If you give up sex to them so quickly, they have no incentive or reason to have a relationship with you. You are already giving them what they came for. Raise your standards or this pattern will never change.

• Do you realize how asinine your question actually sounds

What Girls Said 2

• There is no set time, but I personally like to wait until I am sure he wants what I want when looking for more than sex. This becomes apparent after spending time with him and talking, connecting and asking what he is looking for. Yes, they can lie, too, but mostly guys are straight up about what they want.

• If you hook up with a guy before getting to know him, you're giving him the impression that you are only after having sex with him.
    You should try getting to know someone before eventually sleeping with him if you are interested in a relationship with him.