What would you think if you saw a paralyzed guy in a wheelchair dating a hot girl?

Would you think she's with him for money or something?

The reason I ask is this is cause my boyfriend from a bit over a year is a quadraplegic. He injured himself in a car accident, and I first met him when he was in a wheelchair (so it's not like I was with him and then he got injured). He is a quadraplegic, paralyzed from chest down, uses a manual chair as he can move his arms. I'm five years younger than him and am in my twenties, and am considered to be very attractive. I've had a lot of guys hitting on me knowing that I'm dating my current boyfriend but had no temptations whatsoever. My boyfriend has the best personality and is extremely smart and kind.

But the other day I heard two male co workers talking behind my back saying that "someone like her can't be with him unless it's for his money" which is total BS.

They went a little too far but I have had friends tell me that it is a bit strange that I don't mind his disability.
so I'm just curious.. what do you think?

I've never loved anyone this much before, but it's just a bit upsetting&strange to me that some people doubt my feelings towards him.

Most Helpful Guy

• sp.yimg.com/.../th

Don't worry about people think of your relationship. You know that is pure and not shady so I wouldn't worry about it.

What Guys Said 10

• I would think that she's an awesome person who can look past someone's disability to see who they really are. People who would second guess your reasons for being with him are just exposing their own shallowness.

• way to fucking go bro.

• " it's just a bit upsetting&strange to me that some people doubt my feelings towards him. "

It may be upsetting, but in no way I find this strange. A lot of people couldn't do what you do and stay with a handicapped guy. So it's totally understandable people are trying to find a rational reason explaining what's going on because they're too close minded to consider the possibility that you are just overlooking his handicap.

Anyway, good on you.

• surprised... i'd b speechless i guess

• You have a pure soul ma'am. I wish you and your boyfriend the best. Have a nice day.

• You need to tell them to pipe the fuck down.
    I can't believe how rude people are and can't mind there own business.

• I would be happy for him.

• There's nothing wrong with that i think it's awesome :)

• I would think that's cute! :3

• He probably had an accident and got massive compensation, that or the girl has been fucked over and wants someone who she knows will treasure her.

What Girls Said 5

• I would think you dated him out of pity. I remember seeing a severely disabled person and mentally challenged too dating a very attractive woman. I assumed she wanted to take care of him and help him. Several years later I saw a guy who looked exactly like him on a Christian television program.

• Nothing. Good for you. I know that there are people who will use people like that and I also know that there are people who don't. If you love this man, good for you and ignore the naysayers.

And if he can move his arms, his a paraplegic. A quadraplegic is paralyzed from the neck down... they can't move ANY extremeties.

• awe thanks :) and that is a misconception about quadraplegics. A lot can move their arms, just not their hands.

• Really? I need to look that up then, because that's new to me. You're welcome!

• I would think she was with him prior to the accident.

And, God Bless you for seeing the man beyond the chair.

I don't curse often, but to Hell with haters.

You go, girl!

• Good for you girl! Sounds like you found a gem. Kindly screw the people who make assumptions. :)

• At first thought I would think this, but if I never actually talked to them I would have no way of knowing for sure. I think if you've been with someone a long time and something happens to them, you are a lot more likely to stay with them.