My boyfriends best friend please help?

my boyfriend and i have been together 4 years i have been around his closest friends a lot, my boyfriend has cheated and physically put his hands on me on numerous occasions and our relationship is rocky, one of his good friends and my very good friend robert came to me Saturday night saying he had a dream we had sex or "made love" as he put it but made me promise not to tell my boyfriend then as the night went on the more drinks he had he started to say he enjoyed the dream sex and that im super hot and that he would "do things to me" he continued his drunken bantar about how he finds me sexy and wished i would kiss his cheek again and things like that now he's all sobered up and he said to me over facebook yep i said it and in proud a drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts. Any truth to that, and any suggestions on what i should do?

and a spinoff on this question he is also a very loyal friend and would never destroy a friendship but if i made a mistake by being with my boyfriend , how would i go about getting him into the idea of having a relationship with me instead and how hard would that be? if you need anymore details on our friendship just ask, TIA

Most Helpful Guy

• If your boyfriends has cheated why are you still with him?
    It sound like you should break up with the boyfriend wait a while and then start dating his best friend. If he asks why say that you two did not work out together because he cheated. Try dating his best friend and if he also cheats just go find some one better than them.

• he's not interested in that im pretty sure he just wants to screw me

• is that what he said when he cheated on you? If he only respects you a "Tad" more than that, you should run away from that relationship. The line adrunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts would have been fine if he wanted to date you but not if he just wanted sex. There are a lot better guys then those two please have enough respect for yourself to try looking for them.

• robert didn't cheat on me he is the friend and he never said he didn't want anyhting more he just never said he did either, and i assume he doesn't

What Guys Said 3

• I only had to read the first couple of lines of this to know what you should do: LEAVE HIM.

Men who not only cheat, but physically hurt women are no good whatsoever. I bet your parents are literally asking you to leave the relationship.

• i know that part what im worried about is the situation woth his friend

• Yeah he has prob. Been wanting u for sometime. There is def truth to what he said drunk or not. Thats what finally gave him the balls to say it to u.

• he admits he has but that he won't try, i don't know if i can be as close to him as i used to now and how i should handle it..

• im keeping it between us 100% but i never expected hin to be into me i haven't made any drama of it he keeps repeating it and i keep telling him he only said it because he was drunk

• Saying u only said it cause u were drunk, kinda sounds like the door might be open! U need to say thankyou but i dont feel the same way

• Its true but.. Be prepared for drama if you go forward

• i don't think either of us would actually go through with it

What Girls Said 3

• Clearly he's telling the truth and he sounds much better than your repulsive boyfriend.

• but he's his friend and I've been friends with him for years as well and when i did leave my boyfriend he helped my boyfriend get me back, he also admitted to regretting that

• no he tried to fight him for putting his hands on me at the party that night also he reports now to me if there are females around cody

• See? Clearly a better guy.

• leave your bf!!! I am a domestic violence survivor. men don't change.

• I know it may seem hard at first but you need to break up with your boyfriend. There's only so many "I'm sorrys" he can say. Don't be clouded in his fake love for you. His friend seems to like you but I think you should focus on your boyfriend first. Then once he's long gone see if you're ready to move on to his friend. Just please be safe and leave him

• Im sure robert would never be with me those things he said are purely sexual

• Well then he's just a horny guy