Would you approve a 19-years-old dating a 34-years-old?

and why/why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• If they enjoy each other's company (hopefully they are sexually attracted to each other) I don't think that age gap will matter much. A 19 year old and 34 year old can have lots in common. Plus it's not necessary to be the same people. Some of the most enjoyable conversations I've had are with people in their 50s or older. I find a lot of people my age feel more awkward and even often self absorbed.

A lot of people against this are assuming negative stereotypes like you two can't have anything in common, he's "damaged" or you're a gold digger. Obviously you are individuals and those stereotypes may not apply. Plus they've only experienced their perspective and naturally they feel more defensive about a different opinion or lifestyle.

• God, how I hate those stereotypes. I completely agree with you.

• My aunt's husband is 15 years older than her. I don't understand those people

• Yeah it's worked out lots of times :D

What Guys Said 14

• The first thing that comes to my mind is "what kind of loser has to get a 19 years old girl, when he's 34, for an actual relationship?"

If it was for sex I would understand, but this isn't the case. You said "dating."

So either he's using you, or he's some loser.

• They are both adults I wouldn't stand in their way. If I care about them I would be concerned that there is an increased risk of them not being compatible, but I could have similar issues with two people the same age.

• If that 19 year old were my daughter, HELL NO.

• @Bards She's not gonna choose me as MHO lol but thank you though :)

• I was pointing out that a grown woman that is as attractive as she was when she was 19 is within a 34 year olds age dating range so I don't think the reason is necessarily because a 19 year old is hotter than a 24-27 year old. Plus, to take this further, there are lots of 34 year old women than are much more attractive than many 19 year old women.

• Sure, why not? They are both adults and above the age of consent. I don't see the relationship working out too well, because what do two people of such different ages have in common? But i don't think there is anything wrong with them giving it a shot.

• I think that "what do you have in common" thing is complete BS. What could a 19yo and 34yo have in common? Opinions about a variety of things, values, beliefs, hobbies, anything

• At this point I'm certain this question is about you. I didn't mean to sound rude, and as i said, i don't see anything wrong with you guys going out.

• It's not my place to disapprove. If you guys are happy together, then don't worry about the noise coming from the haters. Just do your thing.

• Stop worrying about what other people do or do not approve of. Several of my most recent flings have been 16/17 year olds. Do most people approve, nope. Do I care? Well, I will give you three guess

• defnetely!

• If they both care or love one another, who the hell am I to tell them otherwise? They are both legal

• After 18 anything is legal. Go for it.

• The legality alone shouldn't be a reason. Would you say the same thing if the legal age was 14?

I'm not saying she shouldn't do it, I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

• Legal age was 14 once. Mindsets change

• But people lived shorter lives then. Legal age of 14 was back in the Victorian age when medical treatment was bad. If your lived to 40 you were special.

• Yes. If I was the 34 year old.

• 19 x 2 = 38 so it's below the awkward limit. Approved.

• It's your life do what you want with it.

• My daughter no... but ultimately idc

• Probably not. The rule is double your age minus 7, for how old you should go, while it's half your age plus 7 for how young you should go. So, if you're 19, it would be 38 minus 7 is 31, 34 is too old for you

• This rule doesn't make sense. According to it, a 14yo could date a 21yo

• *as long as, not unless

• In my opinion, it's just too young to date, it's too risky

What Girls Said 6

• Nope. What would they even have in common? For them to have anything in common, that 34 year old must be really emotionally stunted.

• Is a 19-years-old that inferior for you?

• I'm not the one fucking someone old enough to be my father.

• LOL 34 would rekt that 19
    Yeah he's attractive but you can get taken advantage of. Play with someone your own age.

• No filller

• suggaaaaa daddddyyy

• Hey you're legal date who you want too. I personally would never date someone that close in age to my parents, but it's not me it's you (I assume).

• Yes age is just a number. So do whatever makes u happy.