Was she most likely expecting a ring?

Her parents hated me.. friends hated me.. Never really had a full conversationw tih any of them. Anyways she was choosing me over her family and moving out with me at the start of my career. She was dropping everything for me.. her free college ride. She ended things got very emotional on both sides.. she said she would only do this if she was going to spend the rest of her life with someone. Said what happens if we don't work out I have nothing to go back to. I told her I'm not looking at do that.. I mean im 21 she's 18.. When she said it I asked do you want that comittment and she said no but I could easily see her lying about this so she didn't look stupid. She always claimed I didn't care or show her anything. Truth be told I was just afraid of opening up as I suspect she was. But if you were moving to the middle of no where with your boyfriend never speaking to your family again and dropping everyhting.. would you of expected at least talk or plans of marriage?

She ended things.. already just kinda looking back

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm well first of all, I have never and I'm pretty sure will never drop everything for a guy, especially when I was still working on my education. Maybe now that I have a resume and education to build myself up and have started from scratch in different countries before, but not at 18!

Was she expecting a ring? Without a doubt, but you know what honey that's what happens in life you make plans and sometimes they work and sometimes they won't.

If you didn't care why did she bother to give up everything to be with you?

Bottom line she put all her eggs in your basket and you are ending things for a reason. You can't mess up your life and the path you're supposed to take because she made a mistake. That isn't fair to you or her and you'll both be unhappy in the end. Take it for what it is, a lesson in love and the game of life, and move on to a life that makes you happy

• well she ended it.. it was hard not to take it personal.. really hard. I offered her everything and she rejected it. Four months of not talking to her I guess Im starting to get it.

• I mean.. I really didn't show her much at all. In her view she prly thought I was just going to own her.. all her friends said im using her and session too stupid to see it. I don't she she ever expected marriage but maybe in her head she did. Even my dad said it was just a physical relationship. I don't know if I'm just defending her at this point kol.. I just hate looking like a victim ya know.

• I wouldn't say victim so much as you did what you could and it didn't work out :/ don't beat yourself up about it or go running back. Just take what you learned into your next relationship :)

What Girls Said 2

• WHY ARE YOU LETTING HER DO THIS? You should be talking her into staying and going to school and making a long distance relationship work. If neither of you are willing to watch you both succeed in the long run for a little suffering now then you shouldn't be together.

• Well I was going to take care of her school. I didn't pressure her at all. I told her she had to make the choice..

• Yeah.. I get it now. I took it really personally at first. No contact is hard.

• I'm sorry to hear that but you're better off not being in a relationship like that. No one should be put in that position.

• Yes I will... but also its my choice I can't drop everything and just expect him to marry me ( even through it will be nice.) It def. Sounds like she wants you to marry her. But you have to be ready for marraige not forced into it.

• She ended up leaving and backing out.

• Do u care about her? What do you want to do?

• She made it clear this was goodbye. I want her more Than anything but what can I do?

What Guys Said 2

• Kinda young for marriage no?

• why I didn't ask her.

• I think you should propose since she's putting so much faith in you