How can I cope with being a very unattractive guy?

Girls do not like me and they seem to be disgusted when I try to approach them as well. I'm not one of those creeper guys either. I just try to be myself , but they still reject me. I don't bother talking to the pretty looking girls because that is setting myself up for failure. Not even the average looking girls like me either which makes me sad. So I just want to know how can I get used to being ugly? because that will most likely keep me from getting a girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• We look the way we look. If someone has a problem with the way you look, that's their misfortune not yours. There's nothing we can do to change how we look. We can surely enhance it by taking care of ourselves (the way we dress, what we eat, personal hygiene, etc...).

I say stop approaching random girls at random places, as it is obviously messing with your self-esteem. How to cope? By not giving a single fuck. : )

By the way, and I know my opinion doesn't matter, but I don't think you are ugly. Not even close. Good luck.

• Thanks man. I think not giving a fuck is the best solution to this. I'm going to start to put more focus on my studies and job because that's my priority right now.

• Yeah.. You are better off without a shallow girl who isn't even interested in knowing who you are. Good luck in your studies and career.

Thanks for MHO. : )

What Girls Said 7

• Get your game together bro. If looks are everything, how does Lord Tyrion from GoT have such a great girlfriend in real life! He's born with dwarfism, and he did it. Why can't you? You look perfectly fine. All you need to do is dress well, act well, and just be you. If they reject you, so be it. Get back up, remember that you're an awesome person, and try again.

• For one, just because you haven't met a girl yet who considers you her type doesn't mean you're unattractive at all! And if they act "disgusted" or "put off" believe me it's not because of you, some girls are just mean and cold blooded and don't treat guys fairly or kindly, it's sad but true. Some girls are just ugly inside and need a lesson in compassion and should be taken down a notch. I'm very sorry that you have had to deal with these type of women but please please don't let it effect your heart or how you feel about yourself:( you will find an amazing and perfect girl, it just takes time because there aren't many out there. It doesn't mean you're ugly, it doesn't mean you're no good, it just means you haven't found the right one. Keep your chin up❤️ Xoxo

• Sweetheart you don't look ugly at all from your picture. Looks like you might even have a handsome cleft chin?

I believe in exposure therapy. First just get used to being out at functions around girls and talking to them but not trying to hook up. If girls get the sense you're trying to hook up they may reproach you but if you are just conversing it is more likely to go well, help you gain confidence and take it from there. Please don't let the social hang up make you think you are ugly because you are not. Best

• you don't look nearly as bad as how you make yourself sound...

• I don't know, I've been feeling pretty low about my self-esteem lately as well. I guess you've got to work on your strong points, have an outgoing, great personality that invites people in and be confident no matter what.

• Woah, you? Low self esteem? I can't imagine why! If it makes you feel any better, i think your super attractive! :)

• @frost_byt3 haha thanks it's not about how people see me, actually. Just a little more complicated. Thanks still :)

• Become really good at something and you'll get girls. Regardless of looks.

• Honestly, not to be rude, but approach girls that aren't super attractive or are "ugly" too. Yeah maybe they aren't what you want, but they won't care about your looks and they tend to be better lovers than attractive girls. You can't exactly afford to be picky.

• I tried, but not even those type like me.

• I don't know maybe it is, but I try to be myself when I do, but I guess that's not enough.

• Everyone will say "be yourself", but we have to grow as people, and that means you have to adapt to change the things about yourself that are hindering you, WITHOUT jeopardizing your identity. My mom always used to say: "Being yourself isn't helpful if you're an asshole." That doesn't mean you're an asshole, but you might have traits you need to get rid of or grow out of, which is totally normal, this is why our thoughts and opinions change as we get older.

What Guys Said 5

• Stop being so down on yourself it's annoying. You're a guy you're supposed to be tough and honestly you do NOT look ugly at all you look GOOD! Just put on a good shirt and comb yourself. Any girl that rejects you is just a picky bitch ok!

• You seem above average looking for me dude. Whenever i feel ugly, i let my female friends give me a makeover and it usually gets results. Girls know what girls want, so let them shape you into that. Seriously, try it!

• Devote everything (I mean everything) into making money, put every second into school, then every other second into job/ internship, find your niche. Once you become so damn smart you find a baller ass job and break bank. Then you will start slaying left and right. Bro money trumps all, you got this

• You just gotta cry erey nite until u get self esteem.

• U srs brah? Try being Asian and then you can complain, hah.