Feeling old af at 22?

Normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah, 22 was when I started feeling worried about my age.

The main thing is that your 22nd birthday is the first birthday in which you don't have a major milestone age. Before you were 16, it was getting your license. Before you were 18, it was sex, cigarettes, graduation, adulthood, and all that. Oh, and the draft... if you're a guy. After that, it is being able to buy alcohol at 21. And from there... I don't know, losing your parents' insurance at 25?

So you could see it as having no major milestones until retirement or whatever. Or at the same time, you could see it as "I have JUST NOW gotten all my rights."

Now, if you are like me, and you're 24, and an unmarried virgin. To me it worries me because I am about to enter the second half of my 20's, and many of my friends are married, half my exes have had kids. One ex was married, had kids, divorced, and re-engaged all before turning 22.

I guess the nice thing to consider, if you are in that circumstance, is that girls don't seem to care about virginity, and guys seem to be most attractive in their 30's. So there's always that, too.

• 24 yr old virgin man.. that would get to me lol

What Girls Said 6

• I've felt this way from early twenties until now.
    It only gets worse , especially when you near 30.
    I'm accepting of my age now.
    And know that I'm still considered young by many.
    Honestly , I don't put much focus on age anymore but more so my accomplishments.

• 22 is not old at all, chill.

• I feel really old too!! and soon i am going to be 23 :( and i feel like blahhhhhh...
    but this is how life is, we can't be young forever... we all going to die... everything has a ending

• Every moment matters...

• @hypno-trip did you change your username?
      and yeah very true. every moment does matter.
      but for me its just like a movie, that keeps going and going.. till the end, when its over

• no I didn't why?

• I felt old at 18, 19, then 20. I think it's the milestones that scare us. (some of us)

• Depressed?
    Filler

• it is normal haha

What Guys Said 6

• Yes but probably not the time to say it yet lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y5SAM91oG4

• Yeah. But you're not

• Hmmm.. YOu are HALF my age. So, if you are old, what does that make me, son?

• Yes it's normal when my brothers and I turned 22 we felt old but now I feel young again. Life before 22 seems distant now.

• It's all in your head... obviously. Just workout, exercise and eat right.

• If that's the way you feel things will only get worse.