Why do so many people just quit?

It is really starting to bother me when I constantly hear men/women say that they are done with relationship and they're just gonna have sex with everybody or disregard another persons feelings just because they got hurt. News flash EVERYONE gets hurt. EVERYONE gets heart broken, thats part of life. What makes you a better person than the person that hurt you, is the simple fact that you get back out there and you learn to love again. With all of that being said, my question to you is, why is it so easy for you to give up on everything just as soon as you get hurt? Why would you quit and risk not meeting someone who could possibly be the right one for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe people honestly are giving up. I think they just reach a point of frustration or sadness and declare it. Like when you're playing an impossible to win game and you're like F it I quit but then you go back and play again only this is a much more intricate and emotionally jarring game. The number of guys I've met that say they're done with dating and end up with a girlfriend in the next year or so is ridiculous. We just have low points and in the short term we think we mean it but in the long term we can see it for what it was just a little frustration in a long long life.

What Guys Said 5

• Anyway, getting hurt from being dumped is nothing like the hurt from never even being loved enough to be dumped in the first place. Just saying.

• Which is worse?

• Yip... it's why tequila was invented Hun:)

• Lmao I know that's right

• It's a defense mechanism. They have weak character.

• you're basically asking why did everyone stop chasing unicorns and just stick to the race horses. they are stopping because men and women are too different these days and have nothing in common anymore no respect for each other and the obvious loss of morals. dumping because you get bored with someone has become common place instead of sticking it out

• I agree. This generation is lost

• I wouldn't! I have never quit a relationship in my life. They have always cheated or broken up with me.

• It hurts less if you just accept the fact you'll die alone and unloved, rather than building up false hope that someone could ever love you.

• Uhmm actually that is very depressing. So Im not gonna think like that.

• In my twenties and never even been kissed. I'm just not the kind of guy girls like.

• You still gotta lot of life left. Im sure if you dont give up, you'll find someone

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think that anyone actually quits. There are men and women who say that, when they're hurt or they get frustrated. Even if they tried to sleep around and change, it's like your heart still looks out and soul searches, even when you don't want it to.
    To me, adulthood is just like childhood when it comes to love. Like whenever a kid scrapes their knee really bad riding their favorite bike. Theyll get very mad and frustrated, and they still have to deal with the stinging of the cut. Theyll either put the bike up or get back on... but either way, they still want to ride their bike, even if it's sitting in the garage. Adults do the same with love. Maybe they think that blocking that desire for love away will help them.
    I personally have never had my heart bended by love, but I give a lot credit to people who have, and got back up, or dealt with it.. because I believe that it would be very hard for me. I've witnessed many people that I cared about be heartbroken, and I'm scared. Gaining trust and every step to recovery is hard.
    People handle things differently. Some people don't trust their s/o. Some sleep around, to try to ease their desire for love, and stop another heartbreak. Because being heartbroken is like a small tradegy that is so powerful, that it can ruin you if you let it. But then again, it's easier said than done.

• I mean getting hurt gives you real trust issues..

• I get that. But are you gonna let that stop you from actually finding someone who God intended for you to be with?

• I usually do the dumping, so I just get back out there