Should I be concerned over my girlfriend having a 1 night stand a month prior to us dating?

My girlfriend of a few months and I had the "who have you slept with" conversation about a week ago. She has been with more guys then I have--which bothers me--but said that she had a "slutty" time in her life when she was younger. Then a couple nights back just out of curiosity I asked her how many 1 night stands and when was the last one... she tells me that she had a one night stand (with a guy that she just met at the bar) a month prior to us meeting/dating... and she went on to say it was actually 2 nights in a row and they haven't spoken since. I get that people make mistakes and she says it was a big one for her... but I'm really having trouble moving on from this. Mainly because she said that her "slutty" time was earlier in life when in reality it was very recent. When I look forward to the future and starting a family I had never pictured my wife being someone that has been with a complete stranger...2 nights in a row... just before we met

Can someone please talk some sense into me or am I justified in feeling the way that I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• okay love check this out
    your girlfriend has the respect for you to be honest...
    People want the truth but can't handle it, and YOU did ask her.
    this is a great communication process you guys are going through (despit the subject here) but she's honest. and this is all before she met YOU. she's being honest... isn't that what you wanted. Its only if YOU can't handle the truth. Your feelings is how you feel yes it can be upsetting and there's nothing wrong with how you feel. Let her know exactly how you feel and ask her if she's loyal to you and when she answers YES than you asking her about her past love life should be the end of it. You can't keep beating someone up with questions and they tell you over and over. You have to be okay with that and move on. So long story short arn't you glad your girlfriend was honest and you didn't have to interrogate her with questions after someone else told you... good luck!! :D (I see it as a great stepping stone in your relationship is all so don't make it so hard on both of you)

What Girls Said 5

• What she did was a conscious choice because she did it more than one time.
    A mistake is something accidental.
    Something that is followed by big regret.
    Something that someone doesn't repeat again.
    It doesn't seem like her actions were a mistake.
    Regardless of that fact,
    That's something she did before you.
    If she gives you no reason to distrust her in your relationship, you shouldn't hold her past against her.
    Love what she is bringing to the table... look forward, and not back.
    If you keep looking back at her past you will find yourself with a handful of problems.
    The fact that she seems as if she is over that "slutty phase" should be major indication that she wants to grow/develop into someone that can commit in a relationship.

• I would say it's normal to be a little apprehensive, but focus on the woman she is now. She's with you; cherish the moments you have with her. Focusing on the past is easy, and it definitely doesn't get a person far in life. You aren't being completely irrational, but you aren't moving forward either. Take a breath. Best of luck; you both deserve a healthy relationship.

• I don't really get the problem honestly. She didn't on you, she was honest about her history and she herself akwnoledges it wasn't the right thing to do for her. Besides slutty... A one night stand, or even 2 nights doesn't make her a slut. Nor does the fact that she had multiple partners...

• At least she's being honest with you. Respect that.

• you should never really have tat convo thats why its now awkward..

What Guys Said 2

• Woww... I would never trust or even think of making a girl like that my girlfriend... she can not be trusted even if she told you everything honestly...
    She is the sleeping around type of girl and I don't think she is the girlfriend or wife material... You need to find someone better!!!
    Never date a girl like that... she will cheat on you... for sure..!

And also see if she is infected with some disgusting STD...

• Never date a slut.