How hard it is saying "I love you "?

I'm dating this guy for 8 months and we have an intimate relationship but he hasn't told me those 3 words " I Love you" yet! I told him once but he didn't say back to me! When he found that I was disappointed he said he believes " actions speak louder than words " but I feel I need to hear that! Should I break up? What can I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be hard and of course you want him to mean it when he says it, but after 8 months he should probably know that you like to hear it and be able to say it

What Guys Said 5

• "He believes actions speak louder than words." Does he show he loves you? If so, would you break up with him over something like this?

• it's kinda early i believe... for him at least

• Not that hard, but do I have to mean it to the person? that's up for debate I would guess : )

• Get the sex and he should I love you and expect it.

• it is very hard to say.
    on a scale of 1-10 it is a 12.
    Especially depending on the person's definition of love.

What Girls Said 4

• Just wait. You should show your love through actions and acknowledge his actions which show his love. He will eventually say the words, I'm sure. It's still fairly early days.

• I can't say I love you. I've been told and I just can't say it to a boy who claims he loves me because I don't believe him.

• Tell him you really like to hear it.

• If you want to break up with him because he isn't ready to say I love you, then maybe you need to talk to him. You've already told him you want him to say it back, but he flat out let you know he won't. You may want to get some back story as to why. It's much better to know he doesn't go throwing it out there willy nilly. I would just talk it out with him. If it comes down to him not feeling the same way back, then it is up to you if you want to wait it out and see if he will ever feel the same way that is up to your discretion. But you can't harp on him for still not saying it. There is no magic way to make him love you or make him say it, forcing him to say it will make him uncomfortable and might make things worse. You can't try to change him or yourself because then it will never work. Good luck.