How often should my boyfriend be calling/contacting me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 months. He goes to college closer to where I live and dorms, but during the summer he goes back home to his parents' house, which is a 3-4 hour trip from me.

We spent a lot of time together in the first month of our relationship while he was here, almost a week at a time multiple times and whatnot, super magical moments, and now he's gone back home for the summer. I've met his family, and visited again three weeks after he left college for the summer, that was last week. We're planning on seeing each other every two weeks or so for the summer.

He's said things like I'm "the girl he's wanted/been waiting for forever", or "I feel like I can tell you anything" and "You're perfect for me" and "you're the one" and all the raining rainbows under the sun.

But he literally never calls me. I always end up calling him. I might call him every other day sometimes, or two days in a row, and then wait to see if he calls me during the week. The most he initiates is a text convo every few days. Not much of one though. He'll say something silly after three or four days like "i got into a fight with a squirrel today"

The last time I saw him, I told him I loved him, and he said he wanted to wait till he said it back, but that he knows he will say it someday. But he's saying all these other grandiose statements.

I've been in a lot of relationships before, pretty serious ones, and I'm just very used to guys calling me, and initiating conversation consistently, especially if they say things like I'm "the girl they've always wanted."

But this is the first time where I actually really feel super connected to someone and have an emotionally stable relationship. When we're together it's amazing.

But I feel insecure about how often he calls, and if that's normal. For him to never call, and barely text unless i initiate. But say all those things when we're together.

I'm just not sure what's normal, I've never had a normal relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bless your heart. I had the same problem and had to approach my boyfriend about it. My boyfriend admitted to me that he hated talking on the phone; he preferred texting. He was more comfortable with FaceTime and now he's the one initiating calls. He still makes an attempt to call (the old school way) because he knows that's what I'm more comfortable with.
    I'm sure your boyfriend will make an effort to contact you; you just have to let him know that's what you want. :)
    It's a tough conversation to muster up courage for, but it's definitely worth it. Best of luck!

What Guys Said 2

• u r still fresh... so i guess u should do it like... textin each other twice/day

• Woah, damn

What Girls Said 2

• Doesn't sound like he's fully committed tbh. My best guy friend and a message each other/skype/etc everyday without fail. Even if it's just to say "hey I'm thinking about you, have a great day! " And he's not my SO. I'd mention something to your boyfriend.

• Everyday! You should be worried if he misses a day