Does age really matter?

Me (15) and this guy (17) have been talking on and off since summer of 2014. We usually see eachother on the weekends and make out and stuff. This summer I kinda want it to be the same but I feel the age difference is too big..

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in the same position as you are in as the girl I love is 15 and I'm 17; we never had an issue, people don't seem to care, friends were mostly jealous of us, parents seemed cool, the only thing that counts is that both you and your partner are comfortable with eachother.

Sex related things are a different story I suppose but hey who needs to know ;)

What Guys Said 4

• not so... it might b big now... but after a few years it'll b invisible :D

• Age does matter but 2 years does not

• He turns 18 in July and I turn 16 in February ..

• That's okay. I'd say within 4 years is pretty okay

• That's not that much of an age gap
    A friend is 15 and her man is 22, they're perfectly fine

• Depends on the law where you live, it's breaking the law in most places and I think most people would see it as morally wrong anyway.

What Girls Said 8

• When you are that young, yes, age really does matter.
    This is because you two will essentially be embracing and experiencing different phases of life. He may be preparing to go off to college, deciding how he's going to provide for himself, and enjoying the perks of being an adult. While you may be figuring out what prom dress you want to wear or still navigating through very high school like issues. Most likely, sooner or later, a girl will come along who's an adult, with common adult interests and goals, and you will look too much like a pre-woman :/ No offense or anything

• In England. Anyone who is 16 and over that is in a relationship with someone younger than 16 can be classed as rape if you were to have sex and stuff. (I didn't word that very well sorry) I learnt this in PSHE. At least you're not 15, because when he's 18 they'd class as a pedophile as you'll be younger than 16. You get people who are 10 years apart In age that are together. But when you're young there are some restrictions. But you should be fine.

• He already made out with you.. I don't think he cares about the age.

• It's not a big age gap

• Why is it big now when it wasn't a summer ago... there has been no change really... go for it

• The age difference is not too big

• Not really because I'm also 15 dating my brothers friend (17).

• How on earth is 2 years a big age gap? And, according to your profile, you're not 15. Stop lying.

• If I said my real age I wouldn't be able to ask questions I need answers to😂

• Liar, liar, pants on fire.

• If you're gonna talk like that it makes me think you're 10