Girls, would you go to a guys house on the first date?

Because I did with my boyfriend and yes we did have sex but ended up staying with eachother for 5 years and now he's my fiance so what do you think... would you?

16

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I would not go to a guy's house on the first date.
    For me, it's less about worrying about if he respects me but more about respecting and honoring myself and not making any choices that I will be disappointed in. I feel like I've come too far as a woman to do reckless, careless, slightly idiotic things that the future me won't thank me for. Not only that, but depending on how well I know him, he could be the type of guy who rapes a girl by assuming he's entitled for paying for her food. He could be a lunatic with a sex dungeon and torture tools. Pass.

Personally, guys who want me have to earn sex with good deeds, good nature, and consistent habits that prove they are not a sleazy, greedy, objectifying asshole.

What Girls Said 15

• I'd rather not especially if he's a guy I didn't know before. I'd want to meet with him in a public place first since I don't know what kind of person he is. What if I went to his house on the first date and he took advantage of me? Could potentially happen and I wouldn't want to put myself in that situation.

• the first time my boyfriend and i hung out i went over and spent the night. we didn't have sex but it got pretty close. we have a baby and are engaged. ^-^

• If I'd never met him I wouldn't intend to, but what ever happens happens I guess.

• Yes if the mood felt right

• No people are good at lying and being unpredictable.

• After the last time I did that I'd say no. Unless I knew him pretty well and was already comfortable with him but i'd have to set the ground rules with him as well as warn him of possible blue balls.

• It really depends on the person and the situation. I personally would not. But i'm glad it worked out for you guys :D

• it doesn't necessarily spell doom

• Yeah, why not? If I know he's decent and won't try anything funny.

• No. They think once you are in their house that they will have you in their bedrooms.

• No I wouldn't. You both are just an exception. That's not how it would end up most times.

• I would, but I would be very aware of where I was at as in, I wouldn't be drunk.

• If I have never met him before then no, if he was a friend or a already knew him before we dated, then why not?

• You know what when I was in the dating game when I was younger, I lacked discretion and would usually go back. Being older I never go back on the first date, not because sex is something SOO special or blah blah blah. But actually because I find if you prematurely engage intimately with someone, more often than not, for myself it ruins it. In that you don't see them In the same light. For instance; the anticipation is better than the actual event. Like the whole night you want to get with them then when you do its ruined because almost ALWAYS they are never as good as you had hoped for. This is different with a boyfriend where the sex is better.

I get bored easily so I will find the person not as attractive and believe it or not, I am the one that never wants to speak to them again, and they turn into stage 5 clingers... uh

• Congrats on your engagement! And it depends on the guy and the mood I'm in. I don't necessarily see sex as something guys have to "earn" so yeah if we're both feeling it and he's a good guy then why not.

But I have become more experienced and aware that not all guys are the type I'd go home with (if he's a slut shaming type, if I think he's sketchy, etc.)