What would you do if your date got out their phone and started texting or answered a phone call during a first date?

• Get up and walk out, how rude, show some respect.
  • Ask them kindly if they could put their phone away.
  • Sit there in silence feeling awkward and annoyed.
  • It would not bother me at all, mobiles are just part of modern society.
  • Other, please explain.

Most Helpful Girl

• it'd be the only date

What Girls Said 2

• If it was a single call that didn't last very long I wouldn't mind. But I think texting can wait until later, after the date. I just assume that pretty much all text messages aren't urgent, because if it was urgent, they would call. But if he is unable to put his phone down and keeps texting and answering calls, it would probably be the only date. Unless he has some extremely good and important excuse. I expect my dates to want to pay attention to me. When I'm on a date, I put my phone on silent, and only check it when it's appropriate (like when going to the bathroom, or if he has gone to the bathroom). I want to give my date my full attention because that's what we're there for. If he keeps checking his phone I'll simply assume that he's disinterested in me, and therefore I would prefer to not go on any more dates.

• I had a bad dream like this last night. Never happened in real life but I would cut the date short. Like short short and get outta there.

What Guys Said 5

• Seeing how I was the one who drove her ass to the date, I would leave her there with her side of the bill. But it has to be like a constant thing not just a one time thing. I left a girl at starbucks once hahaha it actually felt good! She was trying to holler at one of my homeboys and thought my homie would tell me about it.

• I wouldn't just get up and walk away but I would try to get the date to end as soon as possible and then after it was over never contact them again.

• If I'm driving, I put her out no matter where. It's perfectly legal, and maybe the little bitch will learn some manners.

• Hope that call or text was worth it D:< cya.. well it depends on how. it happens._. If you're talking to her or him. and they do it's time to gtfo and drop them

• I would be a little pissed off, but I wouldn't really do anything