Mental illness and dating?

So I have bipolar II disorder, anxiety attacks, and severe mental breakdowns. I get depressed easily and overthink everything. I try to be reasonable and I'm very open to critisism. I'm usually very honest about my instability but I don't want to put of the wrong kind of vibe. How long should I wait until I let the crazy show? Am I undatable because of my issues?

I don't take meds by the way

Most Helpful Girl

• No u just need to give a heads up for ur mood swings... tell the person what to do... like if u need space... but don't use them as a therapist... obsessive or anxious or panicked thoughts people who dont have or understand u will be worn down... so see a therapist regularly... and dont drink on ur medication

What Guys Said 4

• Well that's a tough situation... I dated a girl with bipolar once if your curious about that PM me.

As far as casual dating or hook ups there is no need to tell them. If you think it may get serious I would talk to them about it right away that way if its a deal breaker they can walk away before you get any more attached to them.

Other than that stay on top of your treatment, maintain proper sleep cycles and take care of yourself.

• No you are not undatable because of your mental illnesses. In all honesty it would turn a lot of guys away, bot not all of them

• I thought the two were synonymous.

• (We're all crazy)

What Girls Said 2

• You're not undateable. Are you sure, though, that you're in a good enough place in order to be able to date? I struggle with anxiety myself and I know that it's hard enough to live with a mental illness, let alone try to date.

• I'm not in a place of great depression at the moment so I guess if it ever came up but I'm not actively looking. I'm just curious about the future.

• lmao. Just date someone who bat sht crazy like you! :p