How long does it take for a guy to want to be exclusive with a girl?

I met a guy online and we have been dating for 1 month now. We've been out on 5 dates. Since the first date, he's been very good about texting me either every day or every other day. He travels for work, so in that month, we've only seen each other 5 times. I'm wondering how long it will take for him to want to be exclusive with me, if he even wants that. He was divorced before and I think he is really looking for his counterpart. Guys- how many dates does it take for you to decide and what is your thinking process during that time?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not too fast to commit to exclusivity so about 12 dates or 3 months probably. During that time I'm assessing how we laugh, how we fight, what we enjoy together, our common dreams our common values and what kind of parent she'll be for our children.

• That's interesting. So wise and so young... you are only 22?

• I "aged" fast in religious training. lol My old friends would answer quite differently. They'd focus on 'sexual compatibility' because for them what other compatibility could possibly matter, haha.

• What about calling the girl instead of texting. The guy I have been out with 5 times, only sees me once a week and texts me every other day. No phone calls and not more that once a week for meet up. Is he being cautious or not that interested in me? Also, he was married and divorced in his early 20's

What Guys Said 4

• There are no rules. You can always ask him?

• I don't want to be pushy. I figured that he would discuss if that was something he was interested in

• In this age of equality there are some that will wait for the woman to bring it up. Since when is taking someone if they're ready or thought about being exclusive pushy?

• Asking someone

• I don't date multiple girls so and tend to put all my eggs in 1 basket sooo I'm already all hers but I guess I don't really make it feel that way.

• Really? Do you call her and have you had the exclusivity discussion with her? Assuming she is real ;)

• I usually leave it to the girl to bring up. The point of ''the talk'' is usually to address exclusivity and/or official titles, both of which are usually more important to the girl.

• That sounds like enough dates to me. Any person should be able to make that call by the 5th date. Things are either promising or not promising. You might as well ask him if he wants to be exclusive.

What Girls Said 1

• Ask. Its not pushy. Just bring it up. Like so where is this going. Where are we heading. I was wondering if we are exclusive. It's not pushy; it's called just trying to figure out what you are and where you are. Be causal just say you wanted to just know what you guys are no pressure. Making sure you are on the same page