I email guys on dating sites saying "I hate emailing strangers would love to talk on the phone so we can get to know each other" they text not call?

What the hell was the point of that lol it's exactly the same as emailing? If it was only one or 2 guys who did it I'd probably just think they're a bit dumb but they ALL do it. Why?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys have nothing to say that can't be expressed in less than 140-160 characters.

Make it a requirement to weed out the dweebs. "I will want to TALK with you, not email, not text. If you can handle this, let's powwow. If you can't, text away with another chick!"

Good luck.

What Guys Said 14

• well do you tell them this right away? I mean like (Hey.. I hate emailing strangers would love to talk on the phone so we can get to know each other ) cauze if it was like this then I'll pro. think it's a spasm and ignore it but other than that I don't know why

• they're not as comfortable as you are talking on the phone right away.

• What's the point of being on a dating site if all they want is to send lots of emails and texts to people lol.

• some people are that shy and its like the only way for them lol

• Same thing i seem to struggle with.
    I e-mail a girl i like on a site.

"Hey you're cute, i'd like to get to know you better. Want to talk on skype?"

1) she sends me to some random ass paysite that requires all sort of weird info about me for a stinking call.
    2) she adds me on Skype but doesn't want to talk just chat
    3) replies on Skype in chat but with a 3 hour delay that after a day or two i really begin to think her heart is not really into this and I just cut contact. Then SHE complains i am ditching her!

What the hell?

So yeah the grass is not greener on this side either.

• This is different. The guys text me straight away and are really keen to have whole conversations via text well that defeats the purpose of giving him my number since I already made it clear I wanted to talk because I hate emailing?

• Repeat it then.
      "NO i don't want to text, if you want this to keep going forward, let's talk, i want to hear your voice"

That's how i do. I'm 32 at my age i am tired of b/s.

• Emailing and talking on the phone is essentially the same thing, only more personal on the phone since you get to hear the voice, but, they have things like Skype for that. I think it's just a reason to be always available, since, well, you don't always have a computer around, but most of the time, you have your phone

• Maybe its a little to personal for them.

• What do u mean? It was less personal to email each other so y would they text me?

• well maybe it was there way of compromising between talking and emailing. They didn't know you after all so this allowed them to keep distance with out alienating you by not responding at all. Personally I hate talking on the phone its awkward and while I am not a fan of texting I do find that writing is the next best thing to speaking in person, it lets me compose my thoughts and give the best responses that I can.

• texting is easier in early stages of convo

• It's harder than emailing. On a computer u have a bigger keyboard and screen.

• It's weird calling a complete stranger and expecting to have something to talk about. Texting doesn't really have awkward moments or silences.

• So why not just continue to email y bother texting at all?

• Texting feels different maybe. It's just the way of things nowadays to add people's numbers and text them or add them in a messaging app. Exchanging emails is a little too old school.

• Well that is because it's a little weird? He doesn't know much about you either do you and we sometimes shy, I am like this and I prefer emailing/chatting or texting over calling as it's makes me more comfortable without that awkward silence when we both don't know what to say. I have tried that and the result wasn't impressive so I would either email/chat or text her and later meet up with her for a date face to face rather than call.

• If they had the guts to just go and talk to a girl, they'd do that instead of joining a dating site. That'd be why.

• They're cowards. Happens all the time. There are things revealed by voice inflection that are not apparent in text. Call them out on it and keep searching. The one who agrees to voice is the one you will want to talk to anyway.

• Then call them... You have their number.

• Doesn't answer the question.

• Haha ur funny :)

• I think @princessmethteeth meant that he could "not" care less, in case you misunderstood that.

He's right though - you could just actually show some initiative and call them yourself. Being female is not an excuse for laziness.

• Are you fat?

• I'd prefer mailing, because then I can still multitask

• because they are shy and hiding behind text is easier

• Why don't they just continue to email what's the point in texting?

• Yes and said I wanted to talk over the phone. So instead they text!

does this feel like we're going into circles to you? :D