Should I be suspicious of a man who doesn't tell me what he does for work?

All he has said is that he is in the banking industry. I mean, when you are getting to potentionally know someone you want to know what they do exactly just out of plain curiousity. He's asked me exactly what I do, and previously done so why won't he elaborate on himself?

Most Helpful Guy

• he has no job or is embarassed of it. or makes a lot and wants to test your goldiggerness

• thanks for mho

• Not a problem-your answer seems the most realistic and you are probably 100% right.

• the question is how much of a dealbreaker is his job and money for you.. ?

What Guys Said 7

• maybe he's ashamed of his job?

• I don't specifically tell the girls I date what I do for work either, they still trust me.

• Maybe you should ask yourself why the job of a man is so important to you. He already told you in general terms, no need for details. Or you just want to know how rich he is?

• It's not really that important, but when you've been on a few dates with someone, you sort of get an image of their life. Nothing more or less. I'm an expat and on decent money, so money isn't the question.

• If it's not really that important then I don't see a problem with him not telling you the specifics of it. He is still the same person regardless.

• Why have you set yourself as anonymous to ask this question?

• Maybe he doesn't find his work to be a big deal, or something to tell about... not that he's ashamed of it or anything

• I guess it shouldn't be a problem if he tells you exactly what he does, if you told him too

• Maybe he's trying to avoid gold diggers.

• Yes you need to know, if he doesn't have money he's worthless, you should start looking based on job and income not the other way around. Love is easy to develop as long as the guy has money.

What Girls Said 5

• That's a bit weird. I wonder if he's involved with organized crime or something. I'm a deeply suspicious person, though, so I may not be the best judge.

• Well does he dress nice? Why exactly do u need to know his job? His job doesn't define him as a person.

• Maybe he likes secrecy, is a private man. Besides unless you're a wife/gf or family why would he tell you that?

• you know this. YES

• I think as women, we are suspicious of anything we don't know too much about right. For example, a man goes out and tells his woman he finds someone attractive, for the rest of our lives we will question and think about it. Okay, we just question everything.

• I'm having de ja vu here, there was a guy asking the exact same question just a few weeks ago.