He never texts me back, but he asks me on dates. What does this mean?

We went on a first date that we both agreed went way better than we expected, and it ended with some firework kissing. The next day he called and asked me on a second date, and I accepted. Then we didn't talk for a couple days, until he texted me to tell me when he would pick me up. I wasn't sure what the attire was for the date, so I texted him back, asking what to wear. But he never texts back!! Is he just super busy? Or not a texter? Or just not into me enough to text me back a simple answer? He lives out of town from me, but comes up here on the weekends, which is when we go on dates. Why does he do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is exercising challenge, he likes you but don't want you to get too bored with him easily, an era of mystery, makes a man worth while as you women are very curious creatures, the fact you are asking this question, makes me believe you are climbing the walls trying to figure him out, that's good, soon you will have him, just be patient, dont fall too fast, and go with the flow, because seeing each other in person is better, you can talk then, and as you guys get comfortable and the first nine dates passes, then the other stuff can come.

What Guys Said 6

• Don't worry, I heard about other couples where text messages remain unanswered... good chance he's not a texter.
    In a relationship all is about being open to each other and building up confidence in each other so... just ask him :D
    He'll probably tell you with a smile!

• He just cancelled the date and tried to resceadule for tonight, but I'm busy... so I don't know what's gonna happen. :/

• Maybe tell him you're sorry you couldn't make it the other day, and tell him you're looking forward to seeing him. You could propose a few days now so at least one will be fine for both :D
      That will help avoid him feeling like "let it be..." and keep him eager to see you... I hope :-)

• I don't know. I still haven't heard from him. I might just let it go. If he wanted to see me he would have found a way.

• if he doesn't text back i guess either he never checks his phone or simply he doesn't care.

by the way how r u? don't see u around often lately :)

• Yeah I'm not sure. Maybe he's playing hard to get?

And thanks for asking (: I was going through a tough time after all the drama with the ex, but I'm finally feeling better! It's nice to be back on, but so many things have changed since I left.

• Lol I have never used my xper on anything. Probably never will

• Maybe he`s just not a texter? I mean he did text you about when to pick you up.

• Yeah, but if I ask a question, doesn't that constitute a response?

• We don't really text much. We only had one short conversation where it took him very long to reply, and one time took over one day to reply. This is the first time he's just straight up not responded though.

• Then he might be playing hard to get, if this is his first time only.

• I would say to be a little careful around a guy like this. It would be one thing if he just said wear whatever, but no response is questionable. You were right to ask, he was wrong not to respond. Dress casually.

• Lol its a rock climbing date. Any ideas what I'm supposed to wear for that? I told him I'd never been. But ughh. Lol I'm confused.

• Lol why not wear a dress for rock climbing. Just wear athletic shorts and a t-shirt you think you look good in. Generally I think girls wearing a black t look great for some reason.

• some people don't like to use their phones much, which I guess makes sense. A lot of the time stuff over text can be over-thought or misinterpreted, so some people like to keep communication face to face and personal. you're fine!

• Some people don't like texting. I dont

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm honestly if he is interested in you it just sounds like he's not a texter. Just make sure you're not his weekend girl

• Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Like, I asked a question that needed a response, so it seems like he could have just sent me a short response. But I don't know. Maybe he doesn't want to seem too interested?

• Haha okay I will try to ignore. Blahh that's gonna be hard. He's too cute

• lool you have too, stand your ground