Is it bad to send nudes to your bf?

On the snapchat chat part, my boyfriend asked if i would send him nudes and i said "maybe later". Then we started talking about what we were going to do with each other the next time we saw each other since he lives on the other side of Cali. I really like him but im scared he's going to leave me for a girl thats his age. (he's 16) I know its bad to send nudes to regular guys, but he's my boyfriend. Does that make it any different? he said only on snapchat so it goes away after ten seconds andi trust him not to screenshot or save it somehow.

Most Helpful Guy

• Apart from the whole 'he could use them against you' argument, there's also your age to take into account. You are essentially making child pornography by sending him nudes, as weird as that may sound. But according to the law this is the case because you are a minor.

Oh, and trust me. He *will* screenshot it.

• lol thanks for telling me that before I get us both in trouble :D

• @EmpatheticLady I was surprised no one had mentioned it already, actually. And thanks. Thanks for the MHO too, Elizabeth. I hope you make the smart choice. ;)

• don't worry lol I already told him no :D

What Guys Said 7

• Any guy who would ask you to that has no respect for you, and any girl who would do that has no self-respect. You are 13 years old! You shouldn't even be discussing such things!

• true. and thank you

• Well, among adults I feel like they should make up their own minds about it. It can be kinky, but the problem lies with trust. It's simply not the most clever thing to do since the material can always end up online or among peers for whatever reason. Even on accident!

• At your age, no. That's not good at all!

• At 13, yeah.

• Don't do it; he'll only use it against you in the future

• Wow you're actually super hot! 😍😍

• not on snap chat
    send it through email or something else
    also be careful cause some guys will use it against you

• Nope. It's good. Especially for a 13 y o.

What Girls Said 8

• At your age? Yes. You're 13.

1. That would be considered distributing child pornography which is illegal.
    2. You can't trust him not to screenshot or save it, you don't really know what happens to a picture after you send it.
    3. If you and him didn't work out, you don't truly know what will happen with any pictures you send. Think about it this way, are these photos you would be comfortable with your friends, family, or future employees seeing? It doesn't matter that it's snapchat, you're still sending out a photo and once you press 'send' you lose control over that photo.
    4. Why would you want to send nudes to a guy just to keep him? If he leaves you just because you don't send him nude pictures, is that honestly someone you would want to be with anyway? Obviously any guy who would do that is not worth your time.

• It doesn't sound like you're comfortable sending them, so I wouldn't do it. It's wonderful that you trust him, but you still have doubt in your mind.

• I broke up with my boyfriend the other day. You know what was really nice? Knowing he didn't have nudes of me which he could post to the net, send to my family etc.

There are ways around saving snap chat. Don't send him nudes. If he isn't faithful just because you send nudes then he wasn't worth it anyway.

• You sound dumb. At your age, you shouldn't be sending anything.

• you sound really mean. thank you so very, very much for your support of my problems. -_-

• no not supporting me like that. helping me get the right idea not bashing me about not knowing. if I were your child I would hate you.

• I'm sorry that you're too dumb to think for yourself of the possible consequences that sending a nude photo would have, especially when at your age, the critical thinking process is already supposed to be in motion.

Doesn't seem to have started yet.

• Make sure you really trust him and that he won't post them on the internet or show them to his friends. It's not bad per se but it can be a really bad move if he isn't as trustworthy as you believe.

• Whoa at thirteen? I wouldn't. Unless you've known him for a LONG time and trust him and are willing to face the consequences in the scenario that he's not who you thought

• lol we've been together since 2013

• I wouldn't do it.

• Well since you are only 13 years old I don't think you should do it. You're still too young. If you were my age & sexuality active with your boyfriend like me then yeah go ahead. But your too young & too innocent. You have other things to do then to send him nudes. You have plenty of time for it.