I'm the new girl at my job & I kinda like one of my co-workers what do I do?

I'm the new girl at my job and I kind of like this guy I work with.. Is it okay to like someone you work with though? What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is ok to like someone you work with. However, many employers hate it when one work colleague likes another in that kind of way because of the fact it can and often does end up with the two people having problems with each other which then affects the working environment. This does not always happen but just saying why employers often do not like workplace relationships. From the point of view of you and him it is ok if you like each other.

What Guys Said 5

• that depends on the company rules. Just make sure you won't get fired if you date first! if not then go ahead its all the same

• Are you hot

• It is okay, ask him out

• Be careful with that. Most companies frown upon interoffice relationships

• To like is cool but never never date a coworker, it never ends good

What Girls Said 3

• It's okay to like someone you work with.
    But it's unprofessional to start seeing someone that is at your place of work.
    If things were to go sour while dating this person , think of the awkwardness and how they may affect your work performance.

• I think it's a bad idea to make a move. What if he's not into you and things get akward? or you guys date and than break up? I just feel like coworker relationships can negatively affect their jobs. I think you should wait a while until you make a move

• I mean there is nothing wrong with having a crush, but I would stay away from dating your coworkers. There are times where it is successful, however if it didn't last, working together would be unpleasant.