Do you think dating a certain boyfriend/girlfriend somehow made you appear more desirable to the next set of men/women who later hit on you?

Have you ever considered that? Has anyone ever stated that?

I recall a few high school enemies who said "If it wasn't for ___ , guys wouldn't have even looked your way..."

I find that very rude, but sometimes I question, could it be true? Guys would say "I always thought you were quiet and goody goody until you dated ___ . Now I can tell you're pretty cool."

Luckily my ex has never said anything like "If it werent for me..." or "You were a nobody until I made you into somebody."

Just think of movies like Mean Girls where Regina probably felt she made Cady.

• My ex said that I was a nobody until he/she turned me into a somebody.
  • Nobody "made" me who I am today.
  • Other people have said that my ex put me on the path of desirability.

Most Helpful Girl

• I currently date a guy who alwasy heard from people (boys) that you would never be known here if you weren't with her. It would hurt his feelings a lot. People really didn't know him until I was with him. It was really mean & I hated it so much.

• Yea it really sucks... Thats like these people who say that if it werent for you hanging with the popular crowd, you'd just be some loser

What Guys Said 1

• I am what I am because of me and no one else

• But has anyone ever tried to play you by saying your ex-girlfriend "made" you desirable?

• The only time I made someone more noticeable is when I was dating someone taller than I am which lasted about 2 months. I am about 5'5" and she was about 5'7" and most people were very judgmental about it. While I went to the washroom, she was approached by a guy and said "How come you're with that loser?" "Is he rich or something" "You can do so much better than him like me for example" and she basically slapped him right in his stupid face. Aside from that, I don't think so.

• Wow. Great example lol

What Girls Said 1

• If it wasn't for GOD I would be a nobody. No human being had any control over who I am today... or any control over the people who want to date me. THE END.