How to get out of the friend zone with a guy?

Ok... so there's there's this guy who is also my best friend's brother. I started liking him since 1 year ago and since then I just CAN'T STOP THINKING about him. He's really amazing but the problem is that he only sees me as a friend. In the beginning of the year he only saw me as his sister's best friend and now I'm a really good friend of his too while he KNOWS I like him. What can I do for him to like me? And please don't say try to forget him cause I've tried, several times. It's just that every time I think I've forgotten him, he shows up again and I like him even more than before. But it's also 100% sure that he only likes me as a friend. He is also a player and flirts with so many girls. We're not going to be in the same school this year so I'm going to spend about 1 year and 3 months not seeing him like I used to. I'm also 9 months older than him so, currently, I'm going to be 15 in 2 days while he's still 14. His sister is okay with me liking/dating him. I'm just... I'd give anything for him to like me THAT way not like me just as friends. I just don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't.
    It's over, find another. besides if he's a player you DON'T want him.

• Damn correct...

• Ok... he is a player but he's always been really affectionate towards me.

• That's because he's a player.

You're saying:
      "Oh he's not a con-artist he's been so convincing and truthful towards me".
      Uhm.. yeah that's how a con-artist is.

IN your case... uhm.. yeah that's how a player makes you feel. that you matter to him.
      IN reality you're just another hole to fill then dump.

What Guys Said 1

• Have you ever made romantic advances towards him? I wonder how he'd react.

• I've hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. And he has hugged and kissed me back but it was probably just in a friendly way. :/

• You're right. I'll try to tell him once :D

• I wish you the best

What Girls Said 1

• Why are you so keen on the idea of dating a player?