Should I email her that I like her?

There is this pretty girl in my class. She is not a regular but an exchange student in my university. Last lecture I was sitting next to her. We didn't talk much just hello hi stuff so nothing special happened. But, after the class ended I started to feel that I've got a crush on her. I want to tell her about it but, I am totally not confident because it's just one class we sat together and nothing else.
Next week I am not taking the lecture so I'll be seeing her after 2 weeks now. I have her email address with me from a group email.
Do you guys think it's appropriate to email her and tell her about my feelings for her althogh we barely know each other and we just sat together in one class and that's it. I have not idea how should I proceed. Please help me out here.

• Email is okay
  • Email is not okay
So at last it happened. Today I sat next to her in the class. We did class tasks together, but, I didn't say anything. After the class finished she went out to catch her train.
I followed her and caught her in the middle way. I said "Hi!" and started conversation while walking with her. When I asked if she came to Germany alone or with friends, she told me that she came with her boyfriend ;( I never told her that I like her. After short talk I left.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• It is not appropriate to email her you like her because you do not KNOW her! What is appropriate is to shoot her a quick email inviting her to a casual coffee so you can get to know her :)

• Please see update. What should I do now? Just leave it?

• I think u should email her first casually. And after a couple of mails u could tell her that u have a crush on her and that ud like to meet up for a date or something. If u start mailing her talking about her feelings she might break contact with u out of shock.

What Guys Said 4

• Get some balls and man up. Tell it to her face

• Not okay, because it's too soon
    Don't you want to get to know her first and then say it?

• Propose her face to face, you will see the reaction at least..

• Go up to her and talk to her.
    Be yourself only a little bolder than normal.

• Yup just leave it or wait until she breaks up with her boyfreind which will most likely be a while.