Is it really a turn off if a girl doesn't smoke or drink?

When it comes to talking to guys they all seem to be turned off by the fact that I don't smoke or drink. They all seem to back off when they find out that I'm not a "party" person. I don't judge people for doing so but, it just dosen't intrest me. If I choose to drink, I want it to be on my 21st birthday and people think I'm crazy because I'm waiting. I'm almost 21 and in college and it seems like everyone does the things but me.

• Yes
  • I'm indiffrent.
  • No
I mean marijuana to clarify, although I do not smoke cigarettes either.

Most Helpful Guy

• you have a vagina- you're already winning.

What Guys Said 14

• Drinking is your choice. I would not want to date a girl that is always drunk and vomiting everywhere all the time anyway that would be a turn off. So a girl that does not do this is a turn on. If she does not drink at all that is also fine.

As for smoking that is a deal breaker for me if a girl smokes. If I see a hot girl and she pulls out a cigarette and starts smoking I am instantly turned off the girl. I hate it when girls smoke. There are so many guys that think the same way I do to so the fact you are a non-smoker is actually a turn on to guys.

• dont feel pressured by them
    I think you are perfectly
    keep being yourself and look for people who will support your decision and share similar interests

If you aren't interested in smoking dont hang around stoners
    if you dont like drinking dont hang around people who go to frat house basements every week

i know it sucks but never forget who you are and always be true to yourself

• Actually. yesterday one of my friends who's in a fraternity invited me over to help him with a project. However, he didn't tell me that him and his frat brothers were having small get together. My friend knows I don't drink and kept saying he'd make me drink by the end of the night. He even fixed a drink for me that I never touched.

• good! those dudes are always scheming...

• It's a turn on to me if a girl doesn't smoke or drink because neither do I

• I prefer it. I don't smoke or drink myself. Smoking is a deal breaker. Drinking is ok as long as its not excessive.

• just indiferent

• It's not the fact that you don't do these things. It's that guys equate these things with promiscuity. So if you don't drink or smoke then there's a good chance you don't put out either, so they're not interested.

• No, it's a turn off if they DO smoke and drink.

• Why would you think that
    I'd be thinking "Finally, a girl who cares about her health more than others"

• It's actually a turn off for me if she does.

• Not smoking or drinking is good. It kills you faster. I would be cool with a girl that did none of those things.

• Honestly i respect that and think its cool cause im the same way you can have a good time without be under the influence of drugs or alcohol

• Such a provocative question... I see the American part of the gag community is awoken.

• No, it's far better, really. I don't smoke or drink either.

• Those guys are probably just immature. They are stuck in the phase of doing things they're not supposed to and they think you're lame for not doing it. I know sounds like the mentality of a 12 year old yet here they are at 20 thinking that way.

What Girls Said 2

• Any guy who says that is a turn off. Is pretty weird. Normally people who smoke or drink a lot is a turn off.

• Kissing anyone that smokes is nasty. Unless they do a good job of brushing their mouth.

• Only if you aim for pot heads.