What to do? Can I trust him?

Last year I liked this man and we talked for 2 months online and then he ended it because he could tell my depression came back and he wasn't ready for anything serious since he was just divorced. I would have panic attacks after and he ignored me. Him and my friend of 14 years started dating 3 months after. I had met him through her. They both ignored me and she told him lies about me. It's been a year and they recently broke up and he starts talking to me again apologizing for how he treated me. How can I forgive them? While I was battling depression they were hitting on each other.

Most Helpful Guy

• U can't string him along and then cut him off see how he likes it

What Guys Said 1

• Nope don't trust him.

What Girls Said 2

• Depression sucks but he was honest with you. He told you he didn't want anything serious. Dealing with someone that is depressed isn't easy. I've been on both sides of this. He is not responsible for dealing with your depression especially after talking for two months. I'm not saying it's right but he did nothing wrong. You want to be mad at your friend that makes sense but not at a guy that owes you nothing! If you can't forgive him then just tell him you don't want to talk to him but only you can make that choice

• I guess it's just hard that he didn't want me when I was depressed. Then just 3 months later he started a serious relationship with my friend

• It was cold of your friend. But if he was interested in her that's nothing to do with you.

• True, I guess I was more upset with her. It may not have been very nice on him to end things with me when I relapsed but he didn't owe me anything. My friend of 14 years was a jerk for turning her back on me and talking badly about me behind my back to him.

• No, he is not the guy for you.