Guys, If you are dating a girl with severe emotional and trust issues how would you respond to her if she said that she was scared?

Long story short i struggle with trust and strong emotions like love and crap. I told my boyfriend that I am terrified but I couldn't explain why. and I think he is beginning to get annoyed with me. I can feel myself pulling away from him because of my fear and the worst part is that I can't explain any of it. If you're girlfriend was like this would you be annoyed with her? And if anyone could give me tips on how to get over my emotional problems that would be great as well

I'm trying. I have a lot of pride and it's hard for me to ask for help but I feel that i'm being a burden and i don't know how to make him understand. whenever i try to bring it up he tries to dodge the conversation and I feel like i'm loosing him.

5

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand what you're talking about and I might be able to help.

First, I'd honestly be worried about saying the wrong thing, or something that brings back recollections or sensations you might be trying to avoid. Conversations about stuff like this can be pretty heavy too, and hard to communicate over text. If you would feel comfortable calling him on the phone or Skype, it might be easier. And you (or he) may not want to work through all of this in one conversation, because it's tough to handle emotionally for him also.

Second, I think you already know, but just in case, it's a terrible idea for your relationship to replace the role of a therapist or doctor in your life... he may want to say things which help you to feel better, and he might even be very good at that. But don't let him be your solution to feeling like shit. He might want to, but nobody has the mental or emotional capacity to be in love, and process that at the same time. The best he can be for you is... understanding, someone who knows, is there, and can identify with you. And that can be wonderful in itself.

What Guys Said 4

• Well if you can't at least open up and explain why you are like this, there's nothing he can really do and I wouldn't expect him to stick around too long. Unless he's pretty desperate, there are plenty of other girls out there that aren't such a hassle to be in a relationship with, especially at your age. Maybe you should see a psychologist to help you get over these issues.

• I have been to many in the past. I love him so much. I don't want to loose him, but I'm so fucked up

• Well you can probably guess I'm gonna advise you to just rip the bandaid off and stop talking to this guy and get your issues sorted out, right?

• Yeah... I guess that would be the best option

• That communication is key...

• I'm trying. I have a lot of pride and it's hard for me to ask for help but I feel that i'm being a burden and i don't know how to make him understand. whenever i try to bring it up he tries to dodge the conversation and I feel like i'm loosing him

• maybe as you grow older you can deal with it better, is it related to past childhood incidents. try to enjoy life and not let fear take control.

• Yeah. How'd you guess?

• I thought the same but I began to think that I was just being over dramatic.

• I don't think you should expect a boyfriend to help with difficult psychological issues like that or maybe you don't have an issue.

• I would sit the girl down in my lap. Hold her tight and play with her hair until she falls asleep. I can also rock her to sleep in a rocking chair.