I accidentally hurt someone I care about - how can I salvage it?

I've known this guy for the last 4 years. I had a bit of a crush on him but never really told him, and we became friends, in a sense. He's a bit older than me; he always thought I saw him as a father figure. There are a few other aspects that make our friendship quite complicated - if you want to know, PM me.

We have drinks maybe twice a year, but run into each other occasionally at work events; over the past couple of years things have become a lot more flirtatious on his part (which I thought was a good thing.) We were having drinks last night and there came a point where he basically suggested we kiss. And I freaked out. Yes, we were flirting, but the fact that he just came out and said it really took me by surprise. So I hesitated before quickly saying I had to go the bathroom. In there, I gave myself a little pep talk. When I came back, we both pretended it never happened. He still walked me to my car, but when I suggested we catch up again, he said that I should see less of him. I texted him as soon as I got into my car, reiterating that we should see each other again, suggesting a date, but he never replied.

I feel terrible for just ignoring what he said when he suggested the kiss. I think things are pretty much over, but I really want to salvage the situation.

Any ideas, aside from just saying sorry?

0|0
1|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.

What Girls Said 1