Do girls text guys a lot if they are only interested in them as friends?

So there's this girl I met a few months ago and she absolutely drives me crazy. As of now we are just friends, but we hit it off immediately after we met and started spending time together. We've hung out one on one a lot and we've even brought our respective friend groups together now and we always have a great time no matter what we're doing. Like we're so similar it's scary. The only reason I hadn't made a move is because she was previously talking to somebody else, and I'm pretty sure that's over now. Anyway so she went out of town for half of the summer so I hadn't heard from her in like a month, then about 10 days ago I saw a movie she told me I had to watch so I texted her about it... And we just never stopped. Like she has thorough, detailed, clever responses, asks me a lot of questions and changes the subject, uses a lot of emojis, never leaves me hanging, and it's pretty much all day every day. Am I reading into this too much? Is this what girls do with their platonic guy friends? I'm not big into texting just for texting and she previously told me she isn't either, so is there something I should take away from this, or is she just being friendly? Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• No that would be leading them on

What Girls Said 3

• No, you're not reading into it too much. She seems to like you more than that. I do have friend from the opposite sex who are like that, but I'm not sure it means anything. Anyways, I wouldn't act that way with a "platonic friend". I think she might like you, or just has a very confusing behavior...
    But hey, why don't you tell her how you feel?
    I know that you might freak out at the idea that it could bust your friendship, but if you don't tell her anything and she feels the same way, neither one of you guys will know how the other feels. So I'd go for it.

• I mean be careful. She might just see you as a really close friend and purely enjoys talking to you. I would ask her to hangout alone when that is a possibility, then see what happens. I would also try being more flirty- see if she backs off or joins you in it!

• I talk to my guy friends all the time. Not because I like them in that way but because we're friends! Doesn't matter the gender, if you're my friend, especially a close one, I'm going to treat you like I would my female friends.

What Guys Said 0