Am I wrong for not giving him a chance?

I've been single for a long time now. I've told my friends before I'd like to date, but I just haven't found someone who interested in me as well. A friend from high school just told me he's liked me for a while now but I don't feel the same way. I just see him as a really great friend and I told him. We're still good friends and talk all the time. But now my other friends are making me feel bad because I' turned him down when he's clearly interested. Now, I feel like s**t because I've been looking for someone and now there he is but I won't give it a chance. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and I really don't want to give anyone false hope. Am I wrong for that? Should I just get over it and go out a couple of times?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope... you are not wrong.. if you don't like him the way he likes you it's not your fault...😊

Those friends are making you feel bad but just ignore them..

What Guys Said 1

• even if u are wrong... i believe u shouldn;t feel guilty :)

What Girls Said 1

• I am in the exact same position as you, so I get what you mean. But I guess how do you know a relationship wouldn't work out unless you give it a try. And not all relationships have to end up badly if that situation happens and it doesn't work out

• Yeah I've really been thinking about it. I just don't have feelings for him. I feel like I'd be testing him out just for the sake of it. Ugh. This sucks lol.