Is it a dealbreaker if my date asked if I was nervous on the first date?

So last night I had a date with this girl off okcupid and when we first met and got a table, she asked if I was nervous. I don't know how I came off that way but I said no and I actually wasn't a little nervous until she mentioned it but it didn't ruin the rest of the date. I've just had a hard time showing my emotions. People think I'm mad when I'm not and have told me im very stoic and that I hardly smile. I don't know why but I just have a hard time smiling and don't feel like forcing it.

Anyways, getting to the point if a girl asks if I'm nervous on the first date, would that be a dealbreaker to them and a signal that I might be insecure and lack confidence?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's not a dealbreaker. I personally think you SHOULD be a little nervous on a first date. Otherwise you don't care about what happens which means you don't really like them.

• True, and it's all about finding a good balance. Not being too indifferent but not too eager either.

• You are very cute though.

• Eagerness is making plans and being excited about them. Clinginess is ignoring cues that tell you I'm not interested. And darling, I know.

What Girls Said 1

• no.. she was just trying to start talking.. and get comfortable..

What Guys Said 2

• I could be wrong on this but it seems that she was trying to imply that she was nervous and wanted to see if you are as well so she can be comfortable with you

• That's good. Yeah one date I had said she didn't like me because I was jittery but actually I was shaking because I was freezing my ass off outside.

• Maybe your actions are showing that you were and hence why she was curios.