Why do women hate guys with no confidence or is sad/depressed so much?

Usually these things actually have an underlying reason, and, despite the optimistic platitude that happiness and confidence is somehow a choice, ultimately, it isn't, or else everyone would be happy or confident. In regards to reasons, there could be a number of them, hell, in regards to having no confidence depression itself could be the reason.

So, why do girls, or people in general, hate guys with no confidence or are depressed so much, why do they treat them as if they're inferior?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey Empty!
    Women, and people in general hate weakness. Lack of a strong confident demeanor or any type of sadness or depression are seen as weakness in our society. If you lack confidence, you are correct in saying that it is not just a choice. Here is what you can choose to do:
    1. Work on changing your body language. You have some physical habits that are hurting you. Correcting this will result in better interactions with people, which will boost your confidence.
    2. Learn to maximize your voice. There are voice lessons online that can help you make the most of your voice. This will result in better interactions with people, which again, will boost your confidence.
    3. Look people in the eye. They won't be scared, they won't be angry, they will start to respect what you say to them, even if they don't like you! this will boost your confidence.
    Do you see how this is an upward spiral that starts with changing your body and results in changing your mindset? Works way better than affirmations!

What Girls Said 4

• Well, guys aren't exactly too fond of girls who lack confidence either. I have depression and all that shit and I suspect that I have a problem actually being in a relationship with someone because of it. Confidence is key. Some have it and some don't. People like confidence whether it's a guy or a girl. If you lack it, then people aren't as drawn to you. Nobody really wants to be around a sad/depressed person.

• I don't hate them however I don't like it when they expect someone else to lift them up completely.

They need to put effort and work on themselves to get out of depression.

I would be happy to support them.. but if they just sit there and complain they are worthless.. or isn't happy without doing anything about it... then I get a bit put off? (Not sure if that's the word).

It goes for women too.

• I don't hate them, I don't hate anyone. However, depressed and low confident people in general (not just guys) usually have this habit of incessant
    self-deprecation that just becomes annoying because they're soooooooo negative about everything. Not my type of company tbh

• I don't hate them. If a guy has some confidence than it's cool. If a guy is kinda depressed it's cool.

What Guys Said 6

• I wonder why hanging around sad and depressed people with no confidence is unappealing... That's a really tough question.

• People generally don't understand depress people feelings. As I learned, depression cannot be cured replying on others. It's an inner-demon that needs to be overcome by yourself. Hardly anyone would tolerate a depressed person's negatively. I wish things were different, but that's just how it is.

• I don't treat them inferior, but I just dislike them, I'll treat them equally, but I dislike them

Would you like a girl who sees the negative side constantly, would cry repeatedly for no big reason, or would cry to get what she wants?

I prefer a woman who knows what she wants, is mature and uses that to achieve her goals, someone who's positive and can help me see the positive side when I don't.

• Not as if they have a fucking choice. I despise assholes devoid of compassion, however.

• yes those people, the dbags and jerks are horrible people, they are far worse

• Read EVOLUTIONARY PSYCHOLOGY and you'll understand ALL human behavior.

Why would she want to be with another KID she has to take care of and look after because that person can't take care of themselves to the point of being happy? Make sense?

Do you want a big MESS UP of a human to take care of the rest of your life and make MESSED UP babies and have to take care of them on top of the baby you're with? I doubt it

• they don't like depressed men. the want everything out of a happier man

• Women are weak and insecure, so they have to look for guys that are confident because they can never step up to the plate in approaching the opposite sex are initiating anything sexual.