Girls, does it offend you if a guy says this?

I know this offends a lot of black women, so I'm more interested in how white women feel about this, then maybe other non-black women:

If a guy approached you and said, "I don't normally find white [or whatever your race is] women attractive, but you're different"... how would you feel? Would you be offended? If you are open to dating outside of your race, would this make you hesitant to date this guy?

Girls, this doesn't help me if I can't tell what race you are. Please don't forget to mention your race. The only reason it matters is because I'm mainly trying to see how white women feel about it.

19

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a white girl , and I wouldn't let that comment hold me back if I found the guy attractive. Although if he continues to put my race down in front of me or if he makes remarks comparing my appearance to another race , I most likely would walk away.

What Girls Said 18

• i am not really open to dating outside my race, but that would totally put me off a guy. thats a backhanded compliment. take the racial aspect out of it and say the guy said something like "I usually dont date girls with dimples but you're different" i would think he is being shady

• If I really did take the racial aspect out of it and it were something like "dimples," it would be flatout ridiculous. I'm just wondering if I could say something like this to a white person (basically "you're hot for your race"/"you're hot DESPITE your race") and get away with it the way they do with blacks, HAHA.

• I don't think I would e because I don't prefer black guys

• This guy made it too obvious. Lmao. It gives me an impression, he is not experienced in socialising with people. He makes the woman think she is stupid for not seeing that. Like duh... I'll just pass.

• "can I put my dick into your wet black pussy now"

• It's not a question about a real situation. Just curious how white women would react to this since I see so many black women online who find it offensive, as would I. I get why black women find it offensive, but I wouldn't get why a white woman would without some explaining it.

• Not really, it's an opinion, a preference
    I'd just ask you why I'm so different to you
    I wouldn't be hesitant

• I wouldn't be offended because everyone is attracted to different attributes.

• I wouldn't really be offended it's how you say it that really matters. But usually when someone tells me that I think it's just a phase they're going through & they are curious

• I think I wouldn't.

• I wouldn't be angry or upset, I would just be confused? Like okay I'm special or something but that just makes the risk of you not being interested in me anymore higher, so I wouldn't date you.

• I won't feel offended.

This may make me a bit hesitant at first.

• I would probably say thank you and walk away shaking my head

• "Women look like you are usually unattractive, but you're a special little snowflake and you've earned my attention."

Ugh.

• I wouldn't be offended. I'm glad I can open up his horizons!

• It's not a great comment to make. Major backhanded compliment. "For a _______, you're not half bad."

• I would say excuse me and walk away

• That's extremely offensive. I'm white, but that shouldn't matter here. You shouldn't care about another persons race at all. If a guy tells you that, it's because he's stereotyping you based on your race. That's not okay. A persons race doesn't affect their personality, and people shouldn't use race as an excuse to stereotype people.

• I would be offended.

• I think it's just unnecessary to say that. It's insulting an entire group of people, but pointing out that one of them is attractive enough that you approached them. I think it comes across very rude. That should be something you think in your head, not something you say to someone you are interested in.

• I am definitely open to date other races, however I would probably be a little reluctant to date a guy that said that to me just because I think that is rude.