I don't want to date until after highschool. What are your opinions on this?

I'm 15, in highschool, and I don't want to date until I have a job and an apartment/house of my own. I want to be totally independent before I start dating. I don't want to rely on anyone. Guys have wanted to date me before but I've told them why I don't want to date and we're still good friends. Not to mention that I also want to be the best person I can be and figure out myself before getting a boyfriend so that I'm not bringing all sorts of emotional (for lack of a better word) baggage into the relationship and having conflicts/arguments/miscommunications that could have easily been avoided had I just put off dating and got in touch with myself better. So yeah, opinions anyone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being older, having a job and a place of your own, and figuring yourself out will not guarantee you success with dating. In fact, waiting till after high school to begin dating will put you behind the social curve. You should start dating while in high school. I am talking about dating, as in going to the movies, dancing, that kind of thing. Nothing more.

What Guys Said 8

• jenniferbryant.files.wordpress.com/.../hey_its_ok.jpg

If that's what you wanna do then that's cool.

• You're life, your choices; do whatever you feel most comfortable with. I do understand the concept of finding your soul before you can find your soul mate but personally I think that you're missing out on the experiences of dating/relationships. Learning from dating and relationships helps you become a better person and helps shape who you are and helps decide what you want from a partner.

• Good decision. Young relationship nvr last most of the time anywayz

• Well if ur not ready then be who u are

• Do whatever, kid.

• I'm all for waiting. I think you actually have the right mindset. Focus on the remainder of your schooling. Get a job, find a place. You'll be set. But just remember to take your time.

• Good choice, you will avoid all the pointless drama occurring during those (horrible) 4 years.

• At least you're doing it of your own will. A lot of people will be in your situation as well despite how hard they try and be in a relationship...

What Girls Said 2

• Its your choice so go ahead. :)

• If you date in high school and those relationships don't work out, at least you'll get some experience and learn what you like and what you don't like from your partner.