Is it normal to be depressed because no one has asked me out yet?

In 8th grade a boy asked me out. When I was in 9th grade a boy made me a promise ring out of plastic. This boy was the class clown so i wasn't sure weather he was joking or not. I assumed he was. Why has no one asked me out yet?

Plastic Ring Boy is no longer at my school anymore. He has moved to Queensland.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want my honest opinion, here it is.

If I were in your school, I would look at you and think, "She's so lovely, every guy must be after her. I won't bother because I don't stand a chance".

I think ALL the guys are thinking the same. I have read in some of my mum's magazines ( *blush red* ) that quite a few of the worlds top beauties are never asked for a date because guys think they are in a much lower league than the lady.

What Guys Said 3

• Are u friendly flirty? Plus a lot of kids males ur age are shy even if they act like there not. Girls mature a lot quicker than boys do. I bet if u ask a guy out and he says yes then every date after that he will be the one asking

• Ilooks like to me that the boys think your cute and there don't know how to talk to you or how to ask you out

• You gotta learn to flirt. How exactly did you react to plastic ring boy?

What Girls Said 1

• It's okay and very normal to feel upset about not being asked out. I know how you feel. As for me, when I was younger guys wouldn't even look at me. Now I'm a senior and I get asked out like every other week. It just takes time I think.