Scared because I'm going to pretty much be poor till 26?

I'm just starting school want to be an engineer. Realized I'm going to be broke till then.. school loans etc .. but mechanical engineering is huge and good money. I know if everything goes to plan I'll be making six figures or more by the time I hit the big 30. Would this be a turn off to girls? I live in orange county CA. . So mayne it'd wjat I'm used to but most women around here only like guys with money and luxary cars.

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm in the same situation kind of, i'm studying to be a psychologist and need to be studying until i am 25 and maybe longer if i choose to get my pHD, and like you, my job will be finically rewarding in the end so i am not to worried about the school loans because i know will be able to pay it off. i don't think it would be a turn off to someone else because you are focusing on a career and you WILL be able to provide for a family when you have finished studying.. so someone who is only going for luxurious items isn't really worth it... someone who can see the effort you are putting in and the ambition is a keeper

What Girls Said 4

• Most people with college degrees will understand your situation. I also got loans to pay off and it takes a while to sometimes start making good money. I don't see how it's a turn off.

• Most women would be happy to go through difficult times with you, as long as you do your best to make them smile.

And many eventually married the rich dudes because the ones they loved broke their hearts.

• Im from the UK, I dont think it will put girls off; I had to be kind of broke whilst doing my medical training but you will enjoy the rewards after. If any girls had a problem with you being broke then they're not the girls to be had particularly when your in a better position. A guy working their way to success is an attraction as opposed to a guy without the energy to even try. x

• for most women, money is not an object and that includes myself

• Maybe it's just where I live then. Could you say most of your girlfriends think this way too?

• it's probably where you live and yes I can

What Guys Said 4

• HAHAHA try going to med school, I'll be poor till I'm around 32-33 then I'd have to pay off my student loans which amount to as much as a house... cries in corner

• A lot of women don't really care about that, and thise are the women that you want. i had a similar situation but didn't think about it as much as you. The early days without a lot of money were quite fun and happy. I met my wife then and we are still together 32 years later. She was and is still very down to earth. She didn't even know what car emblems went with which cars like mercedes and bmw until she owned them.

• The idea that all women are gold diggers and size queens was made up by dudes who can't get laid and can't accept the fact that it's because of their own shortcomings so they blame it on the women wanting the wrong things.

When I was 22~ish I live in my car for about 6 months (long story) and I actually got laid more during that 6 month period than have in my entire life.

• Ahha that's badass how did u pull chicks living in your car. What was your go to technique.

• It's pretty simple actually. You do this thing called "be confident in yourself and relax".

Girls want a confident, self-assured, and easygoing guy more than they want a rich one with a 12 inch dick

Oh and I knew how to turn my situation into a "wounded bird" type deal where they felt like they were saving me from the streets..

• That's awesome dude. I can see that. Women want a more laid back guy who can hold a conversation rather than a rich one. Been out of the dating game for a while now.

• if it's a turn off to girls then fuck 'em. they're missing out on a six figure deal in the future.