Guys, Does he actually want to date me through college or is he just saying so to have sex?

I am going to be a senior in high school and have had a boyfriend for 4 months. The other day he asked me when I thought we would first have sex, even though I've told him several times I'd rather wait until we've been dating a year/are graduating from high school. I told him that sex is a big deal for me, and I won't have it until I can see having a somewhat certain future with someone. Once I said that he said "I thought if we made it a year that we would date in college." As if he was surprised that I didn't know he wanted to date in college. I'm worried he is just saying that we have a future because he wants to have sex. After he said we should date through college because he "wants me for as long as I'll have him," he told me that condoms are reliable and blah blah blah. Its not like we dont do anything now. We do oral stuff and its fun, shouldn't that be enough for now? And does he actually want a future or no?

Guys its all good. I told him again that if he couldnt wait he could find a new girl and he apologized for asking so many times, said that he just was excited about the idea. He said if it isn't happening before im ready that its no problem and he will wait for as long as it takes until i am. All my friends had told me he was a good guy cuz they know him. They were right. Im very glad he respects my decision. Thanks for everyones help.

10

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude, just spread. It's not like holding back makes you a superior Christian or a chaste woman. He's not gonna dump you the next day.

He's probably more worried about losing you after high school than you are. After all, women are always on the lookout for a more alpha male. What is High school is probably just practice for you? Is he not your actual boyfriend?

Just do it after prom like in the movies. Isn't that what everybody wants? To live in a teen sex comedy?

• Haha actually laughed. Dont worry Im not religious nor haughty just feel too young

What Guys Said 9

• He sounds like a jackass. You should break up with him right now. Find a guy who really loves you even when you aren't having sex so once you do the relationship will be that much better.

• Agreeing with others here: he just wants to have sex. You already told him you want to wait more and such, and even already do oral sex together. If he is still insisting like this he's not caring enough about what you think or whatnot.

The rule of contrary applies here: if he wants it sooner, make him wait for it more, and you will see if he wants you or just your precious intimate parts.

• He only wants you to open your legs. Once you do, he'll dump you. You should dump him and find a guy who makes his intentions less obvious.

• If he really likes you he can wait when we really like a girl we put up with a lot and are patient

• Probably he wants the relation ship to last and he wants to eventually get in your snooch. It is harder to get a new date in college than it is in highschool.

• sounds like he has sex in his mind. how many times has a young guy ever told you "Where do you see us in the future?", "lets save up money so we can move out"

• Teenage boy. Wants sex. Probably intends to stay with you.

• Believe me, it won't last, not to be harsh, but it will not.

• wants to have sex