A guy opened the bottle and poured the drink on a glass for me on a date?

This bothered me a lot. Is it weird or am I overreacting?

• It's normal.
  • It's weird!

Most Helpful Guy

• Chivalry is dead, feminims killed it.
    Seriously, he's trying to be chivalrous. And the reason he's doing it for you is because you're his frigin date. you're SUPPOSED to be special!
    Yes, you're capable of doing it, but dude's wanting to be a gentleman. It's that simple!

• I'm not exactly a feminist. It just feels like it's something you would do for someone that isn't capable of doing it on their own, like a child. If I did it for him, everyone would have probably said it's weird.

• no, you weren't. It's chivalry, and what society has taught us guys to do.
      Tell him you feel bothered by him doing it. Don't expect him to stop entirely, but he might not do it as often. Be honest, and hope for the best. I'm sure he'll be understanding

• This guy's right. You were overreacting a bit.

What Guys Said 8

• He's trying to be a gentlemen and make the night special or fancy. He didn't slipped anything in your drink or anything right?

• Holy sh$% women think about the dumbest sh$%

• You should tell that poor guy that you do not deserve him and that he should aim for someone better than you. Like someone who can appreciate the little things people do to each other when they are in love. Instead, he is with a girl that will constantly judge him the wrong way and second guess every move he will attempt and have discussion with strangers on the web about how "weird" he can be. So, better luck to him next time. You, on the other hand, deserve to be lonely until you learn how to react when people make you a compliment or do something for you just because they love you.
    Good luck !

• He's not in love, it was our first meeting. And I will second guess what people do because most can't be trusted. I have good reason, that you don't know about, to wonder about his intentions. I am naturally more cautious than most people... He wouldn't pour the drink to a girl two tables over because they aren't even on the same table and because he wouldn't care, which is why he shouldn't do it for me. I want a guy that is genuinely good just because and if that's not natural to him, then he shouldn't pretend. And I'd rather him be himself even if that means not pouring a drink for me.

• @asker
      You can substitute love for attraction. I meant when a man is trying to woo a women.
      If you are scared that he may put something in your drink, that's a whole other story. If you have been drugged before I can understand that you'd be super careful. My last argument still stands in a situation where he would hold the door for you (in a classic gentlemen move I mean). In the case of your drink, it's a special situation here and I understand your uneasiness about it.
      I am deeply sorry if you have been mistreated by a man before and it makes sense that you think about your security first. It's a miracle that you're still trying to date if that is the case.

• Why does that annoy you?
    He's serving you like you're a queen

• Well, because he wouldn't do it for anyone, so he's doing it to get something out of it. And I can do it myself, I have hands. I would get it if he helped me with heavy boxes, but this was too much, I think.

• OR he appreciates you that much that he thinks you're just worth it

I get drinks for her, I open doors, sometimes I even pull the chair... It's called oldschool respect towards you, you should be happy

• @Asker Of course he wouldn't do it for anyone else. That's the point ! Why would he pour a drink to the girl two tables over? He doesn't care about her, her cares about YOU ! No men EVER has had any doubt that women can pour their own drink or hold the door by themselves. It was never the point. Of course we do it to have something from you ! We're trying to convince you that we are the right man for you so we can fall in love and have sex. It's no secret ! Yes, we, men, want to have sex. Welcome to biology !

• I am sure you would complain more if he wasn't polite at all.

• You are just overreacting thats all!

• It's good no worry

• Sorry we'll stop trying to be romantic for women on dates from here on out.

• That wasn't romantic. Romantic is something completely different.

What Girls Said 9

• You're overreacting. It's a simple romantic gesture.

• Well what were you thinking about? Were you nervous before he did it?

• If I chose to be bothered by every little thing in life that was minor, I'd give myself high blood pressure and a heart attack.

• It's normal. He is just being a gentleman :)

• I wish a man would open a bottle of champagne and pour me a drink for me what are you complaining about Jesus Christ. I'll take him if you don't like it lmao

• That would have been fine, but the bottle was small just for me.

• Ok custom made for you I'm still not understanding the problem at least he is trying to make a romantic gesture to you so what are you complaining about. Do you know how many women can't even get a guy to take her out on a date and yet you complaining about a guy opening a bottle for you? I'm sorry but I'm don't get the shit at all.

• How the hell is this weird ?

• There's a difference in being nice and treating you like a child, to me that's just being polite and putting someones needs before yours, I love men who are polite and I enjoy being polite back. Maybe you should consider being more comfortable with people being nice to you and being nice back lol

• He was being a gentleman and romantic. You are over reacting.

• Yes, it bothers me that he didn't took the bottle and shove it into your asshole. Asshole!!!